FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - SHIPPING: What you need to know!
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwyatt81 View Post
I have a couple questions.

1. When I ship my test package, do I need to include a heat or cold pack even though there will be no animal in the package or if it's in a temp range that requires neither?

2. Should/can I punch air holes in the package? In cooler weather I don't make air holes but if it's warmer(80+) I usually add aabout 4 depending on box size.

Thanks
If you put the babies in deli cups, include deli cups - secured the way they would be when you ship. If you sometimes bag them, or use other containers, send those, too.
Heat or cold packs can be included (no need to activate them)
If you routinely use holes, do so with the test package.
In other words, send the package exactly as it would be when you ship. You can have the box + contents returned, so you won't be out any supplies.

Quote:
Anyone else have trouble getting a name and number for their represenitive? I have been on the phone with multiple people @ fedex today and no one seems to have a clue what I am talking about and say there are no represenitives they can give me a name and number for. This is a real pain!
Ask to speak with an account services supervisor - don't be surprised when they ask what the call is about, and take your phone number for a return call.