FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The Hybrid Issue
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 08:35 PM   #3
thesnakeman
Gale,
Thanks for your reply. I'm guessing you are talking about the Indigo Genetic Database.

First let me say that they would not be doing it for the private sector. They would not be doing it for the government. They would not be doing it for zoos, or universities. They would be doing it for Indigos Forever. And Indigos Forever, is for indigos, both in the wild, and in captivity. And if I have my way, it will be participated in by all those who want to help, regardless of who they are, or what sector, they come from. What I want to see is one organization, encompassing all of the above, government officials, biologists, herpetologists, zoos, private breeders, universities, and etc., in collaberation together, for the purpose of conserving this species, in the wild, and in captivity. Anyone who may be in a position to affect change, in a positive direction. Right now what we have are a number of interested parties who are pretty much ingnoring one another. And that's just not good enough. We can do better, and I think we should. I also want this thing to be totaly transparent, from the start. Lay all the cards out onto the table, so to speak. But I recognize that there are breeders out there who's animals may or may not be entirely legal. So in order to get them on board, the government must do it's part, by offering imunity from prosecution to those individuals. That way, we can have a chance at getting to the bottom of who's got what, from where. And we will be able to get more peices to the puzzle. Stay tuned,...a website is comming!
T.