FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The Hybrid Issue
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 05:41 PM   #7
Chris Kennard
Mr. Herrick....

[Dear Chris Kennard, I agree with the intent but I have no optimism that legislation is an effective solution. This would be difficult to enforce, and some people are very skilled at getting around even the best written legislation (and most is not well written...). Peer pressure is probably the best selective force, we as "Dry" community needs to have ethics. The falconers have overcome some of these same/related hurdles, mostly by writing laws/enforcing their own ethics.]

I was simply making a point and not endorsing any "legislation" in an effort to promote new insight for the gentleman who started these threads. As far as the captive population is concerned, nothing will ever be accomplished if noone is held accountable for crossing and misrepresenting drys, thus defeating the purpose of using captive pops as a future measure of preservation of Drys and their subspecies (not that I agree there is a connection). Again, just making a point. Try to get a stud book established. But not for certain people's unwillingness to cooperate in order to protect dirty little secrets, you would be able to trace ALL Drys back to their founders. Not gonna' happen. Peer pressure? Depends who the minority is.