Moderators - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 12:28 AM   #1
Chris Steele
Post Moderators

I would just like to point out here that a fair amount of the moderators are rude, "better than you," and inconsiderate. By no means do I mean all of them, because there are a lot of Very respectful and dignified moderators that I would love to be like someday. If you get on the bad side of a moderator though, you are in a very bad spot here, the power is abused. Actually, I am scared to post this because I suspect that quite a few people will slam me for it. What gets me though is that it isn't professionallism or seniority or anything of the sort that gives you power over others on this site, it's money. I guess I can't complain about that, it is just as society is. I really do NOT want a heated argument here, but rather to see others thoughts on my opinion and discuss it.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:45 AM   #2
Wilomn
I've got to disagree with ya on this one Kid.

Money plays no aspect, so far as I can determine, with the decisions of the mods here.

This is more of a neighboyhood playground, the sandbox to be more precise, than anything else I've been able to come up with.

There are those who share well and are helpful, looking out for others as they themselves wish to be looked after, the kind who let you have a turn on the merry-go-round or on the fast swing.

THEN there are others who are just not nice, the ones you don't want to run into at all, the ones that carve their initials into anything they can, the ones who are never happy but take no responsibility for it, the ones that don't push for the merry-go-round or share the good swing just because they know you can't do anything about it.

AND then, there are variations of those two. Some good stuff, some bad stuff. Yin and Yang, all that fine stuff.

Say what you mean and mean what you say and it will keep others from confusing you with something you aren't.

Hmmmm, seems I've got an opinion on this one.

Anyway Chris, I think you're wrong here. Money will NOT get you favors here.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
ms_terese
Quote:
What gets me though is that it isn't professionallism or seniority or anything of the sort that gives you power over others on this site, it's money.
You lost me there...can you explain?

As for the rest of your post, I'm sorry you feel that way I know that mods aren't perfect, not on Fauna or any other site, but it's disappointing that your experience has been so negative.

I'm not a very confrontational person most of the time, and so I steer clear of many of the pi$$ing matches that get people riled up and warned and points awarded and blahblahblah. On top of that, other than some general warnings posted in threads, mods handle their duties privately with the individuals, so I'm not privy to alot of what goes on....either that, or I'm dense. I offer that option because there have been a few threads of late about mod actions that I'm totally clueless about. *shrug* I don't wish to aggravate what appears to an already heated situation, but if there's a thread or something you could point me to that would give a clear example of what you're referring to, I'd go read it and give you my feedback.

All in all, I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I don't know if this is your only communication about these issues, but if it is, I would encourage you to privately email Webslave or the moderator that you're upset with and calmly explain your side of it. Maybe there is miscommunication?

Old 08-11-2005, 01:05 AM   #4
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Steele
Actually, I am scared to post this because I suspect that quite a few people will slam me for it.

Consider yourself slammed, Chris.

DISCLAIMER: The above is a joke and in no way do I really mean to slam Chris.

But really, no matter what a moderator does there will be someone who will take exception to it and will not like it. That's just the way it is.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:26 AM   #5
Chris Steele
Well after reading everything posted I do think I was very rash in my descision to make this post, also it was too broad. I didn't mean the part about money the way you took it though Wes, I just meant that if you are willing to pay a donation to the site you can moderate. I may be incorrect about this, am I? If I am then my post has no meaning and is out of pure ignorance. Terese, by that I meant that I think that it should be your reputation and senority in the herping industry that determines your power. Now that I've taken time to think about it though, that wouldn't be a valid system either though. Like you said mods aren't perfect, just like everything else. Thanks for your advice. Karen, lol.. liked your post, will you check out my red pyles? I posted pics.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:29 AM   #6
Chris Steele
Quote:
Terese, by that I meant that I think that it should be your reputation and senority in the herping industry that determines your power. Now that I've taken time to think about it though, that wouldn't be a valid system either though.
I didn't think about the fact that this site does not represent the entire herping industry, making the idea of moderators being based on senority and reputation unreasonable due to the fact that this is a ?privately owned? website.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:31 AM   #7
Dennis Hultman
What happened?

Old 08-11-2005, 02:39 AM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
I just meant that if you are willing to pay a donation to the site you can moderate. I may be incorrect about this, am I? If I am then my post has no meaning and is out of pure ignorance.
You're incorrect.

The only Moderators are listed below.

Admin-WebSlave

Dr Owens
Ken Harbart
DThomas

And in some areas

Lucille

Old 08-11-2005, 02:50 AM   #9
WebSlave
What an entertaining idea this is! Let's see, I could have people pay me in order to become moderators here. They would then fine and suspend people, who would also have to pay me to be reinstated. They, in turn, would likely want to pay to become moderators themselves so they could fine and suspend the person who originally fined and suspended them.

I think I like it....... Here comes my retirement fund.....

Old 08-11-2005, 03:36 AM   #10
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
What an entertaining idea this is! Let's see, I could have people pay me in order to become moderators here. They would then fine and suspend people, who would also have to pay me to be reinstated. They, in turn, would likely want to pay to become moderators themselves so they could fine and suspend the person who originally fined and suspended them.

I think I like it....... Here comes my retirement fund.....
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread