Been said before, but FEDEX SUCKS!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
Cat_72
Been said before, but FEDEX SUCKS!!!

I was SUPPOSED to be having a snake ariving today from Ohio....checked the tracking this morning about 8, and was a bit worried because it said that it was still in Memphis, but after a call to Fedex, they told me it was just an issue with receiving their package scans, and it was on schedule for delivery....there had been no delays on the package. I felt better, but still some concern, since the lady I talked to didn't seem like she was too sure herself on what she was telling me. She said that even though it was sent Priority Overnight, it was not scheduled to be delivered until "by 4:30"....but OK, it would be here.

Well, it's STILL not here, and tracking still says in Memphis, so I call Fedex back again. I'm now informed that they are very sorry, but due to severe weather in Ohio last night, it got to Memphis late, so it NEVER WENT OUT from Memphis, and would not be delivered until tomorrow! She also said she knew nothing about "scan problems", that it simply hadn't been scanned out because it had never left!

I want to know why the hell that first woman I talked to LIED to me, why the tracking doesn't show the delay, and I WANT MY DAMN SNAKE!!!

I'm so upset right now....I don't know what else to do. I have been in contact with the seller, and he's been right there with me, I cannot fault him at all, he's just as worried as I am.

At least she's somewhere warm, right?

Old 03-11-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
KelliH
Try not to worry too much (I know, easier said than done, right?). Sometimes flights get delayed due to inclement weather no matter who the carrier is. It is crappy that the first person you spoke with gave you the wrong info though, I'd be pissed about that too.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #3
Cat_72
Thanks, Kelli. I understand all of this....and realize that any carrier can have delays. I just can't believe that first woman would just lie to me about what was going on, I sure wish I had written down her name so I could file some sort of complaint about it. It is just SO frustrating!

I also work nights, and have slept for a total of maybe an hour today, while I left my son at watch for the truck, when they said it wouldn't be here til 4:30 (he's home sick from school, so wasn't moving from the couch to miss it, lol)....I laid down about 1:30 and caught a quick, fitful nap....boy, am I going to be a joy to be around at work tonight. I should probably hang a warning sign on the door to my office.

I do have faith that the seller packaged her well though, and am glad she's in Memphis and not North Dakota or something....keep thinking of the positives, right?

*whimpers*

Old 03-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
Cat_72
And to top it off........I just heard back from the seller again, and he informs me that the weather there was clear as a bell last night, there was NO reason for an inclement weather delay of ANY kind.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
SPJ
Fed Ex is heading the way of DHL.
Smashed packages, missed pickups, late deliveries.........
I had a package delayed due to the weather recently and they still charged me for priority overnight delivery.
I disputed it, called them, they still billed me.
Hopefully your snake will be fine.
It seems Fed Ex has been dropping the ball a lot lately.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #6
Cat_72
Thanks, Steve.

Even originally shipped as Priority Overnight, they are still saying it won't be here til 4:30 tomorrow....I'm sure glad we waited until the weather was warmer to ship, since even when the weather is fine they have "weather delays"....

Old 03-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
Mike P.
I shipped one last year from CO to TX - It went through Memphis overnight, and when I checked tracking in the morning it still showed as being in Memphis - The plane was grounded to due to mechanical problems, so the snake stayed in memphis for the day and went out that evening for delivery in TX.

As the seller, and being certified with Fed-Ex, I called them and explained the situation that this package could not just be sitting out in a truck nor a reefer all day - A few phone calls back and forth, and the package was brought inside and held at room temp 70ish...

The animal did in fact arrive alive, after 2 days in the box with a heat pack, perhaps a little de-hydrated, but is a big healthy girl now...

I can feel your stress, but hang in there - If it was packed well, It should be fine.

Best of luck

Old 03-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
Cat_72
Thanks, Mike.

I'm thinking positive, and I'm sure she was well-packed, so hopefully she will be no worse for her extra time in transit.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:57 PM   #9
CurtisF
I'm curious, what do most of you prefer as a carrier service?

Old 03-12-2008, 12:15 AM   #10
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisF
I'm curious, what do most of you prefer as a carrier service?
At this point? I'd say Pigeons.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!