missed shippment - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:11 AM   #1
bobbyvon
Question missed shippment

Should I be responsable for attempted delivery.(notice left)When I clearly stated that there must be someone home to sign for the package.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:38 AM   #2
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyvon
Should I be responsable for attempted delivery.(notice left)When I clearly stated that there must be someone home to sign for the package.
I'd say no, provided the buyer was definitely aware of this as well as being aware the package was shipped out on a specified date.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:51 AM   #3
bobbyvon
Thanks David I fell better now.Yes I CLEARLY stated that their must be someone there to sign for it.I told them when it was shipped and gave them the tracking#.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:17 AM   #4
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyvon
Thanks David I fell better now.Yes I CLEARLY stated that their must be someone there to sign for it.I told them when it was shipped and gave them the tracking#.
Then I'd say it's on them, and that they should be busting their asses to get with the carrier and try to pick up the package before they close for the evening.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:21 AM   #5
Jim O
I agree with David. As long as you are certain that the receiving party knew the package was due to arrive that day it is on them, not you.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:44 AM   #6
hhmoore
Agreed, as long as you and the customer agreed on the shipping date (not you saying "hey, I shipped them out today so you'll have them in the morning. btw, someone needs to be there to sign for them"), - if they weren't there to accept, you are in the clear? I hope this is a WHAT IF question...bad enough sitting around wondering if the critters are gonna be ok, vs getting the call that they are all dead due to the customer's negligence

Old 09-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #7
Griz
One thing to add though. If I ever found myself, as the shipper, in this circumstance then I would also be doing everything I possible could to track the buyer down and work out a way for the delivery company to get the item there. When the welfare of the animal is at stake I will worry about the fault later. I just had something similar to this happen (UPS fault not Brians) with Brian Hardy and was able to track him down and through the dilligent efforts on his part the animal was found and picked up.

Griz

Old 09-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #8
bobbyvon
We talked sunday.I told him I could ship Tuesday.Everything was agreed upon before shipment.And payment was received.But now the animals are in Anaheim CA and I cant get hold him.I will probally be stressed out untill I hear from him.

Old 09-01-2005, 02:09 PM   #9
The Reptile House
So they have been sitting there since yestaerday I take it? What is in the shippment? I am local to there and would not mind going to get them for you as long as I am able to house what is inside(so depends) that way till you get a hold of the buyer they will be at least out of the box. Up to you let me know but if I can house them they can stay here for a few days. The buyer will have to come and get them from me though and I am in Tustin. Shanell.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #10
bobbyvon
Thanks for the offer Shanell.I was really worried.They were 5 lined skinks.I JUST talked to the buyer.He had to drive 36 miles to get them from the post office.But he got them.There was 1 that didn't make the trip.all the others were fine.I just panicked when I couldn't reach him!He was very happy with them so I feel much better now.......THANKS again for your offer..Bobby

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!