Question about Silkworms - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-13-2006, 01:16 PM   #1
a1littlesister
Question Question about Silkworms

Once again I have a question. I went to a reptile show yesterday here in Michigan. I got my babies some small silkworms...but I negelected to ask if I should calcium coat them or are they OK just like they are. I bought this mixture there that you use everytime you feed them crickets..didn't know if I should put them on the worms or not. They really love those worms but I only give as a treat and let them eat those out of my hand. I wasn't sure of the fat content or anything about them. I should look it up but y'all are more knowledgable from experience.
When I got them the guy said they were only one week old making them 3 weeks old last Friday...compairing them in size to some at the show...they are a bit older or they are really big 3 week olds. But the past week they have become little eating pooping machines. I did get them a bigger tank...a 55 gallon Marty tank so now I can regulate the temperature much better for them.
Thanks in advacne on your info on Silkworms
Alexa

Old 08-13-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
clarinet45
I LOVE silkworms, the best feeder out there next to roaches. THey can be a staple, but it gets expensive. If you will be feeding dusted crickets too, you don't have you dust the silkworms. Mulberryfarms.com has a nutrition chart i think.
Many times dragons from different lines will have different growth rates. Or the breeder isn't giving them the attention you are, thus yours are growing faster.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!