FAUNA parallels with S. F. Mayor's Office - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
Chameleon Company
FAUNA parallels with S. F. Mayor's Office

This caught my attention, and thought a few others might enjoy giving it a look. Some of you may know that the up-and-coming golden boy of California politics, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsome, admitted this week to a 2005 tryst with the wife (Ruby Tourk) of his longtime friend and, until this week, his Deputy Chief of Staff Alex Tourk. Besides the gossip value of it, two things about it made me think of what we often see in Fauna from those who are caught in less than flattering scenarios. Here's the link to FogCityJournal.com, followed by a couple of cut-and-paste's from it:

http://fogcityjournal.com/
Quote:
When we asked Mrs Tourk in early December about the deafening whispers, she denied everything and clammed up. She became incensed and told the mayor's inner circle. That's when Luke Thomas, Editor-in-Chief of Fog City Journal, got a hostile phone call .... from Newsome's office ..... threatening a lawsuit for libel and slander ......
Admittedly, this is not a characteristic unique to anywhere, although we see it often enough here, from names most of us can readily recall. But this next episode made me laugh, from a Newsweek article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16949432/site/newsweek/
Quote:
As if that weren’t enough, the man charged with defending the mayor’s reputation, press secretary Peter Ragone, was embroiled this week in a mini-scandal of his own, unrelated to the Tourk affair, after admitting that he had posted pro-Newsom comments to blogs under a false name from his home computer.
Obviously a "newbie" to the ability of blogs to sniff out a rat !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!