word of caution to sellers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-16-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
bigtimedogs
word of caution to sellers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello
My business has always been english bulldogs doing most of my business online with never a problem.I also have never had a problem selling fennecs.
I noticed as soon as i started advertising a primate i was flooded with people immediately saying you must be a scam as the price is too low.
Although i had pictures and talked directly to many people they seemed to want to come and purchase directly so like a moron I gave out all of my personal information and it was odd the person never showed up to buy in person nor answered e mails but the next day while everyone was gone my home was broken into and the monkeys cage was almost pryed open luckily our neighbor seen an odd van and actually rang the door bell she seen the thief run from my home and get in the van the whole time screaming asking who he was.Thge police came and as of now still havent found out who it was i gave them the e mails from the suspected person.But wanted to let you know be careful giving out your personal information.The police said thieves do this alot they see an item in classifieds they want then call the owner get the addy and even information about when they will be home or not and then they pounce and just steal what they acted as they would buy!!!
So please be wary of people saying i will only come to your home to purchase and people wanting copies of your drivers license an social security number.

Old 05-16-2005, 08:19 PM   #2
MorphTiles
hope they catch this guy,

I always set up meetings at a Starbucks they are easy to find and they are everywhere!

Old 05-16-2005, 10:24 PM   #3
SPJ
This is one reason why I meet somewhere instead of letting people come over. I also don't want people wanting to touch my animals and I made the mistake a few years ago of letting someone come to the house to pick up a cage. He put it over his head (acting tough) and slammed it into my ceiling fan breaking it.

I hope you find the person(s) responsible and they get the maximum sentence.

Old 05-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #4
DragonCharm
I always meet across town near the highway, easy for them and safe for me. As soon as I get more established I am setting up a unpublished location off premises that will be locked down and alarmed. Also all power supplies and phone lines coming in will be well protected, see this thread: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=248152

Old 07-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #5
Lee Herps
I agree, I never meet at my place of residence. Always meet in a public place.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:00 PM   #6
Chris Steele
Ha sorry, but that sounds almost like you'd see drug dealers doing in movies. Don't worry I do the same thing when people want to come here. I meet them at a semi-close lowes foods parking lot.

Old 07-25-2005, 07:25 PM   #7
kiote9
LOL, I picked up my last snake in a Best Buy parking lot. The one before that was left at a pet shop with my name on the bag. Before that I picked one up at a fellows home, I've had one dropped off at my house to "snakesit" for the summer (I don't know the owners names, numbers...nothing. I really hope they come back for the snake!), and I've had them "delivered" by my daughter from people she knows and I don't.

I actually do pick things up from Natures Spirit but I'm there at least once every other week to get crickets/mealies, so if I buy a snake or rack it only makes sense to pick it up.

I actually would rather meet in a parking lot than at someones home. Being female and carrying cash I WANT to be in the public eye.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!