Would the Daytona show be better in September? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
Kingetula
Would the Daytona show be better in September?

Several times I asked breeders if they had (this or that) 08 babies. I was told yes but they have not hatched yet that they were due any day now. The breeder goes on to say they were hoping to bring them to the show. This is not the first time I heard lines like this from breeders so IMO I think this show would be better in this case around the 1st weekend of September.

Heck, with Labor Day it will give most of us a nice 3 day weekend and not have most of us feel rushed to get back home for work Monday. Sort of like the Super Bowl... Most of us would like to see it on Saturday because of the partying we do all day and night or at least make Monday after the Super Bowl a holiday. (We all know those fans who argue this point every year) I’m not saying make the expo any longer than it is, just might work out better with Monday off for most people and it would give breeders that extra week they need to get the last of the babies out.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:00 AM   #2
MicroZooKits
If it means more hatchlings will be available because of season then I don't see why it wouldn't be better.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:03 AM   #3
Junkyard
With a show in September, they are competing with NARBC here in California. With such a big show here, one of them would certainly have an attendance issue if both shows were too close to each other. As big as NARBC is, the Daytona show is the corner stone, NARBC will take a major hit. Personally, I do not want to see California lose such a large show. Daytona is too far away for me to travel every year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!