Tri-color milksnake ID help please - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
MikeCurtin
Tri-color milksnake ID help please

I've had my adult Pueblan female for some time now, and after losing the male, I accepted another in a trade. Now that I compare the 2, I'm starting to think the male I just received is either a Nelson's or Mexican milksnake.

I spoke to the gentleman from whom I received him, and he's sure it's a Pueblan. Furthermore, he's got no reason to lie about it. He asked if I'd take it in trade without having any idea what I had or needed. If it does turn out to be something different, so be it...I just won't pair them up.

Anyway, here's a few pics. First up is the Pueblan female, followed by the new male. I emphasised the discrepancies in scale pattern and count on the head of each animal.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
charleshanklin
The male looks like he has some nesoni in him but also another ssp mixed in. Maybe you have a sinulatta LOL.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
MikeCurtin
Hmmmm...what to do, what to do!

Old 12-04-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
D. Mong
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
Hmmmm...what to do, what to do!
Yeah, like Charlie said, it could have geneflow from Sinaloan, annulata, nelsoni, etc...One thing it DEFINITELY isn't, and that is a genuine Pueblan. The dude that claims it is apparently doesn't know squat about milksnake, simple as that.

Hope this helps

~Doug

Old 12-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
evilcowboy420
I would say Sinaloan mixed with Pueblan.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
MikeCurtin
Well, in any case, this guy's off to his new home somewhere. Thanks for all the help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!