I need a lawyer, a rifle, or a valium? (Very long angry rant!) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-07-2003, 10:25 AM   #1
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Angry I need a lawyer, a rifle, or a valium? (Very long angry rant!)

Okay, so I’ve never sued anyone, but I’m seriously considering contacting a lawyer…..after all~ I live in California…native home of the “Sue You’s” and I’m about as mad as I can get (And I don’t own a gun, so that option is already out). Tell me what you think…..should I contact a lawyer or call the doctor and ask for Valium?

You may recall back in March I was ranting and raving about Farmers Ins messing up my Ins policy….all because I wanted a dog and my current Ins would not let me have the breed I wanted? Well just to remind everyone~

March 2, 2003: David Weber, Farmers Ins agent comes to my house and presents me with estimates for home and auto insurance that was somewhat more expensive than my current Ins, but it’s “Better Insurance.” I agree to this. No problem right?

March 6-10, 2003: (I don’t recall the exact date) David Weber called me to verify information on my home. Specifically to verify that I meant it when I said we had 5 bathrooms. Yeah, we do……5 FULL bathrooms…..I’m sure I mentioned this before. THAT was the selling point on this house, and the reason I am now in hawk up to my ears and have to scramble each month to make the mortgage….but I can do that in my very own bathroom that I don’t have to share with anyone…..because we have 5.

March 20, 2003: I receive a bill from Farmers Ins which I did not anticipate. I call David Weber and ask about the bill. He clues me in that the Ins quote he gave me was for a house with 2 bathrooms, that the ins will actually cost approx $400 more a year than he originally quoted me….that was an increase of $660 a year above what I was paying in the first place. (And wasn’t it nice of him to notify me of that fact? No~ Wait~ He didn’t I CALLED HIM) I don’t need a dog that bad…..I’ll bite any intruders myself! I told him so. He said no problem, that he HAD NOT submitted the paperwork to change my home owner’s policy as he was worried I would not approve the rate increase. (Again, wouldn’t it have been nice if he had called and asked me about it?) All I had to do was change my Auto policy back to my old Ins and all would be well.

March 21, 3003: NIGHTMARE day! My old Ins wanted to increase my rates A LOT! I spent half the day on the phone with Geico (old Ins) and the other half on the phone with David Weber’s supervisor Frank Van Dyke. (David Weber is apparently avoiding me at this point). After a full day of beating my head against the bureaucratic insurance nightmare, I finally get my old Ins back and I only have to pay an additional $20 (And waste how many frustrating hours?!?) for having the absolute gall to allow David Weber into my home and talk about switching Ins.

March 21, 3003: All is fixed (If frustrating) and I am assured again by Frank Van Dyke (David Weber’s Supervisor) that the Home Owners Ins was never submitted, so it will not be an issue.

March 24, 2003: I call my Mortgage and Home owners Ins to verify Farmers did not mess up my home owners ins. All is well…..no problem.

May 5, 2003: I get my mortgage statement in the mail. My mortgage has been INCREASED by $176 a month to replace the escrow shortage that occurred when Farmers Ins was paid $1218 on March 26, 2003!!!

EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!

I call my Mortgage company. Turns out they were BILLED on March 3, 2003 and they paid Farmers on March 26, 2003. BUT on March 21, 2003, according to both David Weber and his Supervisor Frank Van Dyke this bill was never submitted and was not going to be a problem!!!!!!!! (This ALSO means that David Weber was aware the Ins would cost a LOT more on March 3, 2003, but HE never told me, I had to call HIM on March 20, 2003 to find this out!)

May 6, 2003, 8:30 am (PST): I call both David Weber AND Frank Van Dyke and leave nasty grams on their answering machines informing them I am PISSED and this had better be resolved RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

I have yet to hear from either one of those two nasty liars.

I called Frank Van Dykes number again PROMPTLY at 9:00 am. I got some poor guy named Harold Harris, who has to inform me Frank Van Dyke is not in. So, not being shy at all……I lay into poor old Harold about how pissed off I am.

Harold says he is going to look into it, and call me back. Which….surprisingly…he does. He calls back to tell me that Farmers sent a refund check to my mortgage company on April 16, 2003. I inform him my Mortgage company does NOT know that, and I am being charged $176 extra a month, which comes out to an extra $2000 a year because Farmers LIED to me, and then I asked if HE HAD AN EXTRA $2000 GROWING OUT OF HIS ASS TO JUST THROW AWAY?!?!

He said he would call my Mortgage company and call me back.

Which~ He did.

He called to tell me how he is a victim of their system, and apparently I am going to be as well. Farmers issued a refund of the money they had NO RIGHT to take on April 16, 2003, and they won’t do a damn thing about the fact that my Mortgage company does not know that until May 16, 2003 (30 days) when they will cancel that check and send another.

EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!

I bitched, whined, and got pretty nasty vocally. Harold is NOT at fault here, so I was starting to feel pretty bad about verbally harassing him just because his co-workers are lying cowards who will not speak to me. Harold says he will call me by Friday if he can do anything about speeding the process along, but he didn’t sound like he had much hope of that happening (I’m pretty sure he just wanted to get away from me) Meanwhile my Mortgage company could care less about anything but another $176 a month, which they will NOT re-evaluate until the $1218 is returned.

I am SO MAD! So~ What do you think? Do I need a lawyer, a rifle, or a valium?

Old 05-07-2003, 12:21 PM   #2
Darin Chappell
In my experience, nothing gets everybody's attention in a situation like this better than a concisely worded letter printed on quality stationary upon which a law firm's letter head is prominently set.

Call your lawyer immediately, if not sooner! Then call the Insurance Commissioner in CA (John Garamendi) at (800) 927-HELP (4357) and report this to their office. Trust me on this, the Commissioner's office lives for stuff like this, because it is an easy way to build consumer confidence in the State (especially CA, where they want to do everything for everybody!). They'll tell Farmer's to reimburse completely (including whatever out of poket expenses this has brought upon you), or they'll revoke Farmer's ability to sell in CA. CA is a huge market, and Farmer's won't want to miss out on it for 20,000, let alone less than 2,000!

Good luck -- let us know how it all progresses!

Old 05-07-2003, 12:42 PM   #3
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Thanks Darin!

Insurance commisioner.....thats good! I'm going to call them!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!