Busted - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Lucille
Busted

I was on my way home today and passed a flea market area. Right outside the market was a parked pickup truck with a sign saying 'CKC Weenie puppies for sale' I felt sorry for the puppies, I live in the Houston area and it is HOT out today.

So, I see a cop car pull over by the truck. I believe it is actually a citable offense to sell puppies out of one's vehicle now.

I hope the puppy seller got a citation. I hope he gets a fine and that the fine is more than what he would have made off of those poor pups.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
Jadenkisses
I second that - and I hope those puppies are taken away from those people. I've seen things like that, and it really makes me mad, and I feel sorry for the animals being put through that. I once saw a wire cage type kennel outside someone's house, sitting in the blistering summer heat, with no shade and no water bowl. In the kennel were 5 little puppies, and a sign saying "puppies for sale". No one was outside with them either.
I was so tempted to stop and take those puppies, and get out of that and give them water, but it was the kind of neighborhood I'd likely get shot at! I called the local animal control, but who knows if anything was ever done about it.
Some people just make me sick!!!!

Old 08-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
brd7666
I can't believe people sometimes. I have never heard of someone selling puppies on the side of the road. Makes you wonder what someone will try to sell next on the side of the road.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
Melinda
I see it frequently in our area. They sell in the Wal-mart parking lot, side of the road and at the local flea market. Unfortunately, the ones sold and given away at our local flea market very frequently end up as dinner. I hope they all get busted.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
chamgirl99471
Saw that same thing today near our local Grocery store... I saw a cop car pull over and as I was leaving the store they were gone.. I hope they got cited and told never to come back... I hate seeing people do that with those poor helpless animals Another thing that really bothers me is people leaving their dogs in their cars or the back of their trucks to go shopping!!! I've seen it so many times and called animal control several times because here in Florida the inside of the trucks can get over 120 degrees

Old 08-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
LauraB
Quote:
Unfortunately, the ones sold and given away at our local flea market very frequently end up as dinner.
What the ?? People eat puppies where you live?

I have seen the same thing here, south of ATL, in the parking lots at WalMart and Pet Smart mostly ... but never when pups were actually inside a car. On truck tailbeds or in crates outside a vehicle.

I don't like to see that, but I do know people who've purchsed wonderful family pets that way. Better than simply dumping them at pound, I suppose. Of course, responsible owners spay or neuter and don't end up hawking innocent little lives in parking lots.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:03 AM   #7
DAND
Now why do I picture a shady character with a trench coat with half a dozen puppies in pockets on each side?

Old 08-29-2010, 01:27 AM   #8
LauraB
Quote:
Now why do I picture a shady character with a trench coat with half a dozen puppies in pockets on each side?
Because you have a perfect, over-active imagination ... pssst, wanna get a designer pup at half-price? Check 'em out.

You sicko you.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:56 AM   #9
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Because you have a perfect, over-active imagination ... pssst, wanna get a designer pup at half-price? Check 'em out.

You sicko you.
What?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pup.jpg (59.6 KB, 66 views)

Old 08-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
Melinda
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
What the ?? People eat puppies where you live?
Yes, there are some cultures that eat dogs and cats. It happens all over the country.

Also, some of the homeless were stealing shopping carts and using them as grills for Fido.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!