has anyone used the new herp stats?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
has anyone used the new herp stats??

I just went to look at buying a couple herp stats and noticed that they discontinued the herp stats i'm use too and have newer ones starting at $99.
Has anyone used one yet?
And also,what do you think about the viv 4? does it truly control all 4 as good as they say? It would be cheaper to buy the viv 4 and not buy 4 separate $99 ones?
Thanks
Rich

Old 02-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Metachrosis
The Herp Stat Pro model is well worth the money,cheaper in the long run

Old 02-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
allreptiles1966
Thanks Tommy
They are still selling the pro model but are discontinued now.
All the old models are discontinued. They have all new stuff now.But i can get a pro model for $285 plus little shipping.Maybe thats the route i will take.They still offer a 1 year warranty on the older models.
I like my normal herp stats and keep the cages at temps i set or very very close.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
Metachrosis
My bad,I haven't needed to follow such as the H-Stat Pro's I run are still running fine(5+yrs)
After checking I see the updated versions they now sell,less then impressed with their "improvement,additions and fluff".

The old style units(design) worked just fine

Old 02-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
allreptiles1966
I hear you Tommy,and i really dont use all that comes with it myself.
My room here in the north east cools itself so nd is not important.and the other stuff i will never need.
i think i will buy 1 of the original pro's.Thats what i wanted in the beginning but didnt have the $ to buy them.I bought 1 herp stat at a time.I would like a pro model for my male rack now.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Randy F
I have a herpstat4 and love it. I was using helix's and this is so much better. We bought two of them and would never go back. It truly does do 4 racks, give a good output level for each rack, and can separately control each of them. By far worth the money

Old 02-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
allreptiles1966
Is this the newest made models or the older ones from last year and before?
They have all new this year and looking for info on those ones.
Thanks for replying Randy

Old 02-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
Randy F
mine is a herpstat pro. It looks like the new one just does a few other things such as tell you your current temp, target temp, and output. More features are always nice, and from spyder robotics they are going to actually work!

Old 02-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
allreptiles1966
thanks Randy.So many choices.
I was thinking of the VE 300 x2 from Rich at Reptile Basics since i buy my supplies from him.
I just want the best for my cages and boa's.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
bizarre179
I bought the Herpstat intro when it came out to use for an incubator. Has not given me any problems at all. It also has was more functions than I need (which is not a bad thing). Oh, and it is a flush mounted unit which is awesome! I built mine right into the side of the incubator.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!