I am sick and tired of lack of FAUNA support.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-30-2004, 12:56 PM   #1
Randy T.
I am sick and tired of lack of FAUNA support..

It is extremely irritating that people bitch and complain that Kingsnake has the corner on the market while people refuse to take the extra effort in posting ads here on fauna, or even use the forums. COME ON PEOPLE this site could kill most sites on the internet with the number of users if just a little more effort was put forth. I know I will be NOT using kingsnake classifieds if and when I begin offering up neonate animals again, but it takes an effort by all to make a difference.

Old 05-31-2004, 12:54 PM   #2
WebSlave
Randy, when I read the topic line of this thread, I though "Uh oh! Looks like I didn't respond to someone's emails!"

But I am glad to see it is not what I thought it was going to be about. I do try to address problems people come up with, but honestly some do fall through the cracks. And yes, I am doing everything I can to get people to utilize this site more. From what I can see, people ARE using the classifeds more and some of the discussion forums are picking up as well. But there is still a long way to go before I start feeling that this site is being utilized in a more rounded out manner.

But I do see that at any given time, the ratio of people being on the BOI and the rest of the site is changing. More people are spending more time in the other forums here rather than always just congregating at the BOI. I think this is a good sign....

Thanks.

Old 05-31-2004, 04:31 PM   #3
Stardust
I totally support Fauna. I still have some friends on KS so I go to the forums sometimes and post, but as far as buying, I have bought everything (except my tegu, which is not advertised on ks either) from people here at fauna. Plus I contributed what I could as well.
I think the forums are starting to pick up. There are some that I would like to post in but would just be talking to myself, so do not for the time being. But some of them, like gecko, and some snake forums are picking up.
People are making an effort, I am really hoping it will come and not fizzle out.
As more people join in threads so will I.
COME ON FAUNA!!!

Old 05-31-2004, 04:42 PM   #4
Damon Theis
I have to agree. Kingsnake gets a big thumbs down from me and Fauna gets big props.

Old 05-31-2004, 08:08 PM   #5
WebSlave
Stardust, why don't you become a sponsor on one of the forums for the animals you are most knowledgeable about? Often just having one or more anchors is enough to start getting the traffic rolling.

I haven't seen any real effort for people to post general care sheets, so that would certainly be a start. And go ahead and start a discussion. Maybe everyone else is waiting for someone else to take the first steps.

Even if it is just to post photographs, it would be a start.

Let me ask something, now that it is on my mind. Do you think it would be worthwhile making a Photo Gallery subforum to some of the other discussion forums? I think it acts as a kind of invitation to people to have somewhere specific to post their photos.

I'm willing to do whatever I can to help, but I do need everyone's help in doing this.

Old 06-01-2004, 06:04 AM   #6
Stardust
Rich,

Let me look around and see what is taken and what is not.
I would be happy to draw up some generalized care sheets for some animals, geesh I have enough to choke a horse, lol.

I think a photo gallery would be great, people LOVE to show off their reptiles, I know because I am one of them.

Old 06-05-2004, 02:21 PM   #7
Glenn Bartley
Quote:
It is extremely irritating that people bitch and complain that Kingsnake has the corner on the market while people refuse to take the extra effort in posting ads here on fauna, or even use the forums.
Do you mean people who complain on this site about KS, or people who complain about KS and do not join this site? I ask because while some of this site's users complain alot about KS and otherwise may simply read the forums, plenty of other registered faunaclassifieds users post ads in the for sale sections, others post in forums, others buy advertising space some buy from the dealers listed on this site, and others donate funds to Rich to support the site. One of the best ways to support this site is an occasional financial contribution in addition to any posting or other use you make of the site. Of course, encouraging people to be more active on this site is also a good way to make a contribution.

Best regards,
Glenn B

Old 06-05-2004, 03:32 PM   #8
hill4803
Fauna is a bout to get a big boost....

from the leopard gecko folks. There was anarchy over at KS, a lot of weird stuff going on & some people have made the switch to fauna. I posted this website every chance I got & ya know they just kept deleting them and "bleeping" out the website addy? Anyway, there is some increased activity in the leo forum. Hope this helps this great site!

Ro Hill

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!