Tremper or rainwater??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-10-2004, 01:11 AM   #1
nydrgnldy
Tremper or rainwater???

I have an albino Leo that to me does not look like a tremper.I have been looking at a lot of pics of bothe trempers and rainwaters.Curious as to what your opinion is.Thanks for your help.
Robin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0006.JPG (70.4 KB, 110 views)

Old 12-10-2004, 01:40 AM   #2
SoCalHerp
I would say Tremper. I can see how it would be confusing though. It's not brown or white like most Trempers, but looking at the tail, and body shape makes me really think it's Tremper. Most Rainwaters seem to have really light tail patterns.

Old 12-10-2004, 02:06 AM   #3
nydrgnldy
Ok then...answer me this...I am posting this link to a picture of a las vegas(aka Rainwater )albino from VMS....tell me what the difference is between this one and mine.
http://www.vmsherp.com/images/ForSal...100PAT004F.JPG

Robin

Old 12-10-2004, 02:12 AM   #4
nydrgnldy
And here is a closer up picture of Tangello, My Albino.
Robin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tangello close up.jpg (19.4 KB, 104 views)

Old 12-10-2004, 03:26 AM   #5
LadyGecko
I say RainWater
I just hapen to have one that looks very similar to yours and it looks nothibng like my Trempers. The shade of yellow is completely different-the bands are not breaking up at all and the body shape is a bit different too-more elongated.
Sandy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lavender 1.JPG (18.7 KB, 107 views)

Old 12-10-2004, 07:22 AM   #6
mmfrankford
It seems to me that unless you know the genetic background of the albino, it's really hard to tell what is what. You really can't go by color.

Old 12-10-2004, 08:06 AM   #7
Manhattan Herps
it also depends on where you got it from, if its from a petstore, it's most likely a Tremper, if it was purchased from a breeder i would suggest contacting them

Petstores dont normally sell Rainwater albinos

Old 12-10-2004, 01:19 PM   #8
Xelda
It looks like a Rainwater to me. You should be able to tell by looking at the eye color.

Old 12-10-2004, 01:46 PM   #9
KelliH
It looks more like a Tremper to me. It's hard to say for sure though. Where did you get the gecko? Also, like Olivia was saying, you can usually tell by they eyes. Does it have reddish eyes, or do they look more grey in color? Rainwaters tend to have a more greyish colored eye.

Old 12-10-2004, 05:44 PM   #10
nydrgnldy
I got her from a breeder.I'm not home at the moment...but when I get home I will look fro her number and Check her eyes as well.I think I will have to ask her fro a pic of the parents.I know it was aan albino and a normal het for albino.I don't think she said if it was tremper or not.At the time i was just starting out with getting leos and I don't think I asked what type of albino(guess I should have asked that then)Thanks for all your help
Robin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!