Whats your story? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 10-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
Reptiles 101
Whats your story?

What was your first reptile and whats the story behind it?

I will start my first reptile was a corn snake i got him February 27 2012 i was 13 years old and i still have him to this day it is a male and he is 5 1/2 feet long now.

Now what i went thru to get him. For as long as i can remeber i had wanted a reptile, i would catch fence lizards and my mom would make me let them go and she would say there mommy missis them, one day i had asked my parents if i could get a snake i was instantly shot down with a NO!! And my mom even had the family docter try and get me not to want to get one. I was told that if i did research and could properly care for one then i could get a lizard, they counted on me not doing the research but i did and drove all my siblings nuts about reptile facts and how to care for them this went on for 5 years, finally my parents said i could get a reptile, then again i asked if i could get a snake and they said yes but, i had a size limit of 3 feet and i had to keep my room clean and i had to sign a contract that i would. Now i have a ton of bearded dragons a tegu, turtles, tortoises and my first reptile prime my corn snake. My mom now even vends with me at the reptile shows now.

That is my crazy story whats yours.

Old 10-05-2016, 02:12 AM   #2
Reptiles 101
Somone else has to have a story behind there first reptile

Old 10-07-2016, 01:42 PM   #3
Micki01
Is your room still clean? Lol. I got anoles at 7/8. Had about six in a custom cage. Man I remember those guys fondly.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

Old 10-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #4
Reptiles 101
[quote=Micki01;1950986]Is your room still clean? Lol.

About 60% of the time. Its her way of getting me to clean it.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:03 PM   #5
Micki01
Haha. How do you like your tegu? And what kind? We have a tegu and she's kinda a sassy pain.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #6
Reptiles 101
I love my tegu he does hiss but has never bitten or even tried to bite me. He is a black and white argentine. I got him as a baby from tegusonly.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #7
Micki01
We barely have any hissing and I doubt she would bite. Just demands food and smacks me with her butt if I pet her in cage. She also does this weird puffed up standing thing when you mess with the cage.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:15 PM   #8
Reptiles 101
Mine loves to be pet just not picked up and even comes sometimes when called. Only got tail whipped once when he was a baby. Mine gets real puffy when i wake him up but calms down when he sees breakfast.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #9
Micki01
I know I'm taking this way off topic but my boyfriend bought me this tegu as a surprise because I love lizards. Only a tegu isn't as easy as a gecko or my anoles lol. Have you gotten yours to eat many vegetables? She takes fruits readily and meat, eggs, insects. But I've only had a tiny bit of luck with veggies.

Old 10-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #10
Robert Walker
First reptiles were a pair of wild caught Gopher Snakes. Neighbor kid caught them and sold them to me for like $10 when I was in the third grade. I kept them in a card board box with a dirt bottom outside.

They were truly awesome snakes. I would put them on my neck and the two of them would just sit there forever. I could walk the streets and hear people oooh and awe over them. One eventually escaped, surprise-surprise so I let the other go.

Those two snakes started it all. I WAS HOOKED!! Spent much of my childhood out looking for and catching critters versus video games or sports.

Only later in life did I realize that I was probably freezing the snakes in that card board box, so they enjoyed wrapping around my warm neck AND trying to kill me for leaving them in a stinking box! Hah!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!