A Holes on Parade - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
Road Dog
A Holes on Parade

I just finished reading a thread where a bunch of "high reputation" folks were just shredding a well intentioned individual, who had made an honest mistake. Right down to getting personal about his job, how much money he makes, and the color of his underwear. All of which had absolutely nothing to do with the subject.

These were mean spirited, unwarranted, personal attacks. Like a bunch of bullies beating up the little kid on the playground. Is that how you get reputation points around here? Apparently it is, because all these bullies had a lot of rep points.

I have read other, less inflammatory posts by the same folks, and most of them appear very knowledgable on the subject of herps. But, they seem to have a need to personally attack anyone who has the nerve to disagree with them.

I think this would be a much more popular and beneficial site if these folks suffer consequences when they behave like jerks.

So, toward that end, I am urging all the people who read their unwarranted nastiness, but just watch from the wings, to take their overbloated egos down a notch. I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF YOU WHO FEEL THIS WAY, BUT JUST OBSERVE QUIETLY

WHEN YOU OBSERVE PATHOLOGICAL NASTINESS, GIVE NEGATIVE REP POINTS

They have no way of knowing who you are. They can't see the names of who gives them points, so don't be afraid.

I humbly ask the "silent masses" to make THEIR voices heard. It will be better for all of us.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:41 PM   #2
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Dog
I just finished reading a thread where a bunch of "high reputation" folks were just shredding a well intentioned individual, who had made an honest mistake. Right down to getting personal about his job, how much money he makes, and the color of his underwear. All of which had absolutely nothing to do with the subject.

These were mean spirited, unwarranted, personal attacks. Like a bunch of bullies beating up the little kid on the playground. Is that how you get reputation points around here? Apparently it is, because all these bullies had a lot of rep points.

WHEN YOU OBSERVE PATHOLOGICAL NASTINESS, GIVE NEGATIVE REP POINTS

They have no way of knowing who you are. They can't see the names of who gives them points, so don't be afraid.
Two points,
First; Where did you see this thread? Care to point me to it? I'd like to see it. I find it hard to believe the person's job, and color of underwear were an issue, unless the person was also being a jerk. The only time I can think of something similar happening is when someone takes issue with someone else, and they take their problems to HELL, in which case the person is usually a bad person from the regular boards or BOI. In that case it could look like an unwarranted attack, but if you researched the "players" you might see why the attack is happening. Don't know the circumstances though, cause I can't think off hand which thread you may be refering to, I can think of one thread, where two people were ripped a new one, but in this case it was not an honest mistake made.

Second; If you have a paid membership, on all but the lowest level, you can see who is making comments. Don't let that deter you though, I still leave negative points if the post warrants it.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
Road Dog
I was not referring to ANYTHING in hell, and if you can't think of even one example, you're not looking too hard

Old 04-28-2005, 09:48 PM   #4
Wilomn
Got to admit to some curiousity myself.

Where, when and who?

Old 04-28-2005, 09:53 PM   #5
reptilebreeder
Quote:
I was not referring to ANYTHING in hell, and if you can't think of even one example, you're not looking too hard
Well, like I said I can't think of anyone getting attacked that severely over an "honest mistake" so either our interpretation of honest mistake is different, or it occured in a forum I don't frequent, or it's just not coming to mind at the moment.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:05 PM   #6
Road Dog
"Second; If you have a paid membership, on all but the lowest level, you can see who is making comments. Don't let that deter you though, I still leave negative points if the post warrants it." end quote

Sure sounds like a veiled threat to me

Old 04-28-2005, 10:07 PM   #7
Wilomn
Sniff.....sniff....hmmmmm WHATEVER is that smell?

Yo jack, what DO you do for a living? How much DO you make? What color IS your underwear?

Seems that something has your knickers in a knot and if you're looking to untie them your approach could use a BIT of polish.

You're up......

Old 04-28-2005, 10:12 PM   #8
Road Dog
wes, I've read a lot of your posts, and you don't seem like a bad guy. So please don't you be the one who makes my case for me.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:15 PM   #9
reptilebreeder
Quote:
"Second; If you have a paid membership, on all but the lowest level, you can see who is making comments. Don't let that deter you though, I still leave negative points if the post warrants it." end quote

Sure sounds like a veiled threat to me
WTF? okay, I can see where you are probably bringing up the original thread, probably because it happened to you or someone you know. You have between NEGATIVE 100 and -299 rep points, yet you only have 6 [posts, and 3 or 4 of them are from this thread. You told people that if they thought a thread warrented it, to leave negative rep points. I happened to agree with you, but was just letting you know that people can see when you leave points, so how is that a threat?

Old 04-28-2005, 10:16 PM   #10
Wilomn
Quote:
wes, I've read a lot of your posts, and you don't seem like a bad guy. So please don't you be the one who makes my case for me.
Then please be so kind as to explain just which thread to which your initial post referred.

While curiosity may have killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back. I prefer to be satisfied.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!