My experiences... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 07-02-2005, 12:26 AM   #1
Sasheena
Question My experiences...

I have always been a doubter about a lot of things paranormal.

My mother used to always proclaim herself a witch and tell of someone's ankle she broke with a spell. I always found that distasteful... to inflict injury on someone deliberately... and felt the need to stay away from such things.

There came a time when my mother and her friends believed that our house was haunted... everyone would traipse into my brother's room to see the "blue light" the sign of the spirit of some dead child. I never saw it and doubted strongly that anyone else did. I had read of "The Emperor's New Clothes" and I felt that it was a case of belief producing the vision, instead of the vision producing the belief.

Having said that, I've had several instances where I suddenly knew something i shouldn't have known. Short term stuff, not earth shattering, but a sort of sensitivity that still makes me feel a bit hesitant even just recalling.

The first such instance was when I was dating my very first boyfriend. He and I were out driving in the hills at night in California. I suddenly had the strongest words come to me... "Tell him to slow down, or he is going to hit a deer!" I didn't want to say that, I mean... jeepers, who wants to tell a new romantic interest that you have doubt in their abilities!?... so I sort of said "no" to the thought. It came again stronger... "TELL HIM" and I mentally dug in my heels, I did not want to tell him anything of the sort. Finally the warning came to me a third time, "TELL him, Tell him NOW, or he's going to hit a DEER." I firmly said no again, and about two or three second later BLAM! we hit a full-grown deer. VERY distressing.

The second instance was around the same time. I was home waiting for my mother to return from some errand or other she was doing. She was due home at a quarter before the hour. (don't remember the hour). My mother was never a slave to punctuality, and I frequently would wait an hour or more for some prearranged meeting... so to me it was odd... the telephone rang when my mother was barely 5 minutes late and I about jumped out of my skin! "She's had an accident!" I said in my head, "They're calling to tell me she's at the hospital!" but it wasn't the hospital, it was my sister. I was crying by the time I realized it wasn't the hospital, and I told my sister of my fears, explaining that mother was five minutes late. Knowing my mother, my sister laughed that I could possibly think to be distressed over her being five minutes late! I hung up after a minute or two of discussion, slightly calmed down, but still super sensitized... and when the phone rang again, I again jumped... and this time it was the hospital! "You're mother has been in an accident." They told me, wanting me to get to the hospital as soon as I could!

I've had other times when I've suddenly felt "you really need to get off this freeway," or "if you don't do XXXXX thing you'll have an accident." strange thoughts and vibrations. AFter the experience with the deer, I try to always pay attention to these vibes and follow the sensible suggestions that come to me. So perhaps if i didn't pay attention I'd have more "psychic" moments to share.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:53 AM   #2
A_Kendergirl
I get those from time to time. I learned a long time ago to pay attention!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!