Trading Problems- What do you think - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
ColeonyxCorral
Trading Problems- What do you think

I am trading a pair of crested geckos for a leaf tailed gecko pair and I had to ship first. I shipped and when they arrived he said that the male had a damaged eye. He said the would of paid $100 for the gecko without a eye problem and that now he is worth $40 and that he wants a $60 refund. I never noticed anything wrong with this animal. He said that one eye is sunken in. I sent him about a dozen pictures of the animal before I sent him. After going through all of the pictures, I found one that shows the indifference in eye size. He had the same chance to look over all of the pictures I sent him. I dont think it happened during shipping because i packed very well (I had to ship them to a place where it was 27 degrees).

The first pic is a picture he sent me after i shipped and the second is a picture i sent him before i shipped.

what do you think i should do? I have never had anyone have a problem with an animal i shipped and i have never had a problem with anyone else, so i am new to the situation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hurt_eye_one.JPG (135.2 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg Mercury22.JPG (50.0 KB, 227 views)

Old 11-18-2005, 08:48 PM   #2
SPJ
I'm not a crestie expert but even I can see something is "not right" in the second pic even more than in the first pic.

You never noticed something wrong with the gecko?

You sent that pic and the buyer didn't question it? Or did it get questioned and that's why additional pics were sent?

I would say you are at fault for trading a gecko with a bad eye but on the other hand, if I was sent that pic, the first question to you would be what's going on with the eyes and send additional pics.

I would like to hear from the other party. If additional pics were requested because this one was sent, and if you were asked if there was something wrong before it got shipped and it was fine, then you need to give the refund. Until both sides are posted, it is hard to give a 100% opinion on it.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
Alex,

This forum is for parties to post their terms and conditions before entering a transaction, and not to resolve matters after they have happened. Please post this thread in the gecko forum.

Regards.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:41 PM   #4
ColeonyxCorral
he never mentioned the eye when i sent him the picture. He just kept asking for more pictures and i sent them. that is why i never noticed it until after he got it. I already said that i would give him a refund. I was wondering if it would be unreasonable for me to ask him to send his side of the deal before i send the refund. This is my first trade and I am feeling a little nervous. I sent him an e-mail about the thread. Hopefully he will come on

thanks,
alex

oh. sorry for posting in in the trading forum. How do I move it to the gecko forum

Old 11-18-2005, 09:52 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
No problem. Copy and paste everything in the gecko forum and I'll delete this thread this weekend.

Regards.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:10 AM   #6
EriksReptiles
Hey, This is Erik Strait. I am the guy he is trading the two baby cresteds (his) for my 1.2 lined leaf-tail geckos.

I did see the eye in that picture and asked for more pictures and neither picture was showing his left eye. I figured that that maybe he just woke up and was not in the full sun until the picture was taken because when they sleep there eyes kinda sink in and I thought that I shouldn't be worried about and he never said anything about the eye not looking right.

Then I got him and it still looked like that. So I took some pictures and contacted him right away with the pictures. Also he doesn't seem to be able to see out of his left eye. All the crickets that he has eaten have all been on his right side.

I did contact another crested gecko breeder(will remain unknown until I ask him permission to use his name) and he said that he had one hatch out and its eyes looked like that and it was blind.

Now I don't feel that a crested gecko with an eye problem that was never told to me is worth the full $100. If I was to re-sell it I wouldn't be able to get much for it and I don't want to breed it because I don't want the possibility of it passing down to his babies.

I then told Alex what I would like to do and told him that if that didn't work please tell me what would. He said that what we would just do is I would keep the juvie lined leaf-tail gecko and just send him the pair. Although Alex, if you want I wouldn't mind sending the two cresteds back if you want them!

But also they were shipped USPS when he said that they would be shipped fed-ex. Although I forgiven him for that. Also I still haven't received the $25 to help out with my end of the shipping. He told me not to ship until I receive it.

Thanks Erik

Old 11-19-2005, 02:03 AM   #7
The BoidSmith
After a second thought, and now that Erik has replied I will let this thread stay. Maybe you can find a solution that works for both, and leave it here "in writing".

Regards

Old 11-19-2005, 09:41 AM   #8
ColeonyxCorral
Well, now that i am reading it i do think he is blind in that eye, which I did not know before. These are my first crested geckos so I didn't pick up on that. The first picture i sent you was a picture of him the first day i got him, so he was sold to be blind. You could send them both back (I am sure the new enclosure I had built for the leaf tailed geckos would be fine for some crested geckos). If you would rather send me the pair leaf tailed geckos instead of the trio, e-mail me your paypal address and I can get the $25 to you that way. OR i could refund the $60 and you can send me the male and both female leaf tailed geckos. I would really rather do the pair of leaf tailed geckos because I don't think I made the cage big enough to house a trio. I could refund $40 and you can just send me the pair. What do you think?

those are really the only options I can think of. I would rather get the leaf tailed gex because I already furnished the tank. lol. But you choose. i just dont want any negative feedback.

thanks,
alex

Old 11-19-2005, 09:43 AM   #9
ColeonyxCorral
oops. i meant $25 in the last sentence of the 1st pargraph. lol. i am getting confused

Old 11-19-2005, 11:55 AM   #10
ColeonyxCorral
or you could just buy the crested geckos and keep your leaftaileds. I had them up for $290 so you would owe me $200.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!