What do you use for a thermostat? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
ScottMckillips
What do you use for a thermostat?

I am looking to buy a thermostat. I was just wondering what everybody out there is using for thermostats. What made you decide out the brand or type that you purchased? Have you had any problems? Would you buy that one again or buy a different brand/style next time? I have been looking at the helix, herpstat, johnson, and ranco models. Still trying to decide, so any feedback would help alot.

Thanks again,
Scott McKillips

Old 05-20-2006, 02:21 PM   #2
snakebiteAZ1
I have several of the

Johnson's, i have not had any problem at all.. I use them on my heat tape, also in my Freezer turned incubator.. It has kept a constant temp of 89 degrees for 4 months.. There are several out there that are good. I just chose these, and they are great... Mike

Old 05-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
shrap
Howdy Scott,

I have A Helix on my big incubator, a couple Rancos on my Boaphile stacks and Herpstats on my small incubator and on several enclosures. All 3 are good stats, never had an issue with any of them, but the Herpstats are hands down my favorite.

Old 05-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
A_Kendergirl
I have herpstats for 2 reasons...they are proporional and they cost less. The fact that they work great is a added bonus! I love mine.

Old 05-20-2006, 08:35 PM   #5
twh49801
herpstats....

HERPSTAT II + BEANFARM.COM = NO BRAINER !

the most features,easy to use,very cost effective.all my future stats will be herpstats. TWH

Old 05-20-2006, 09:04 PM   #6
ScottMckillips
Well, A big thank you to everyone for the replies. Herpstat is what I have been looking at. So that is probably what I will be buying for my rack.

Thanks again,
Scott McKillips

P.s.
My greatest breeding project ever!!
My girls Bailey & Ariel

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!