I Can't take it anymore! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
fuscusking13
I Can't take it anymore!

I can't stand when you fall on hard times and everyone around always has to say "its for the best" or "things will get better". I hate that !!! I have been hearing this for years and it always gets worse and worse and worse. Why can't people just let you vent, and offer suggestions on how to improve things as opposed to the "it will get better crap."

Don't take this as me whining that my life is crap, that is no ones fault but my own and I own that 100%, but I don't need to hear all this "blessing in disguise crap." If I want a sermon I will go to church! On top of my phone being broken and me being broke, and my engine going in my car, now because I don't have a car I am losing my job too because I am no longer dependable, plus I am almost a month behind on rent yeah(My landlords are really great people though, so they are being understanding thankfully)! My friends or co workers will agree to pick me up and then either didn't show up or showed up late and such, of course making me late to work (heck one day my ride never showed and I walked over a dozen miles to get here because I don't miss work even if I am sick, not my style). I am not blaming them, its my responsibility to get to work on time, but I expect if someone tells me they are going to be there, that they are going to be there. If I give my word on something it will be done unless I am dead or physically uncapable of doing it.

Of course all of my friends don't understand what it is like to work for your money and have to pay bills since they all have rich parents and most don't work, or have jobs working for mommy or daddy making a bunch of money while not showing up or not doing anything. Thats part of growing up as a poorer family in a rich town, so I am used to it. The last straw was the guy I pay to walk my dog when I am at work. I let him know that the end of the month I didn't need him anymore and explained the situation. He gave me the blessing in disguise crap again and I lost it lol. Thru email, so I was yelling at the computer. Mind you I never said anything to the people who said it as I understand that they are trying to be helpful and compationate...but seriously, offer something constructive, not just it will get better. Like one of my co workers said which was absolutely great: "If they are so sure its going to get better tell them to find you a job and lend you a couple grand to be paid back when it gets better." Probably one of the funniest quotes ever, it had me in stitches this morning. Truer words were never spoken, if they are so sure, put their money where their mouth is. Anyways sorry to waste the time of all who read this, but I figured it would be better to type out my thoughts then blow up on the poor soul who is the next one to tell me this line of crap. Everyone have a great day and if your not it will get better hahaha. Dan M.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
99Vengeur
"....I hope your luck turns around in your favor!...."

Sorry, it just came out

I don't mean to upset you further than you already are, but how close are you to losing said job? I know your means of transportation are problematic, but is there a way for you to be looking elsewhere for employment, or do you have someone that might give you some side work in the meantime?

It's a bummer to hear that things aren't going your way. But it's even worse to see classified ads of people needing money and selling their collections to pay the bills. I hope that something comes around before it comes to parting with your snakes.

As always, we are here when you need to vent, so blow off steam as much and as often as you need!

Good luck,
Robert

Old 09-11-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
Lucille
Dan,

It sounds like you are going through a really hard time. All I can tell you is that I hope things get better for you soon. I can't tell you or guarantee that things will get better, but I hope they do.

As far as constructive advice, is there any way you can get a job that is near enough not to require a car, so you would not have to rely on cars or other people?

Old 09-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #4
fuscusking13
Actually I have my resume up on monster and have applied for a few jobs here and there. My job is definately done at the end of September. My boss and I have discussed it and have come to an agreement that September 28th will be my last day. There are no jobs close to my house, well there is a quick mart about a mile or so away, but I am white so there is no chance of getting hired lol, its all family there, I mean even their kids spend the day running around in there. Since summer is over everything near me is closed down. I am not selling any snakes really due to this, I am strictly working with Afrocks now, so I am keeping 2.3 of those around no matter what(unless there is no feasible way to do so). I have made some poor descision and got myself in this position, but I am just fed up with these people who always have tell you its for the best....how is being so stressed that I am losing hair at 22 years old for the best?? Thats what I would like to know. I have an enormous bald spot on the top back of my head, and no one in my family has ever gone bald, heck only one person has even ever gone gray! I have both. Once again I don't want to sound like I am complaining, just venting. Now if I had gotten hit in a crosswalk and the guy took off and I was suffering because of that I might complain, but my poor descion making and poor money managment has gotten me here. Its funny I can take anyone else on their income and work out a budget for them and have a phenomenal head for numbers(Since day one have been in advanced math classes, tons of math awars, used to compete on math teams, can do financing here in our office as fast and accurate as anyone, and they have been at it for many more years), but dont have the will power to do it for myself. Thanks for the thoughts, suggestions, and input. Have a great day. Dan M.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!