What questions should I ask a seller before buying 100% hets??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 11-25-2002, 07:55 AM   #1
ksshane
What questions should I ask a seller before buying 100% hets???

I am thinking about purchasing a pair of Dbl. Het for snow boas that I saw on the KS website. First I asked if the seller could hold them until January if I sent him a deposit. His reply came back this morning that he would. So I then sent him the following email:

How much would you want down for a deposit on 1.1 hets?

Do you have any pics of the parents?

What line do they come from?

Do you have references?

What forms of payment do you accept?

What are they eating, and how often?

Do you offer any kind of a guarantee?

Do you have documentation on them?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to cover everything.
I am very much interested in doing this.

Thank you for your time
Shane Elliott

My question is. Did I miss anything? What questions would you have asked?

By the way his name is Frank Martin out of NJ.

Old 11-25-2002, 08:04 AM   #2
Neil Gubitz
Shane.... you asked all the RIGHT questions! Another thing you might want to do, is go to the BOI and do a search on Frank.... I'm SURE I've seen threads about him.... although, I can't remember if they were good or bad.... if you want to save yourself some problems (not saying you WILL have any problems dealing with Frank).... if you want some of the NICEST and GUARANTEED dh snows in the business.... get in touch with Lemuel Griffin (L.A.Snakes).... he gives ALL docmentation with every sale, and he produces them HIMSELF! You should SEE his inventory.... I am SO JEALOUS!! Good luck....

....Neil

Old 11-25-2002, 12:40 PM   #3
ksshane
Neil...

Do you have anyway for me to get in touch with Lemuel Griffin. I did a search, but could not find a phone number or a website to reach him.

Thanks
Shane

Old 11-25-2002, 12:58 PM   #4
Neil Gubitz
You can contact "Griff" at....

1-954-765-4321 or.... lasnakes@hotmail.com

Tell him *I* sent you!....

ENJOY!

....Neil

Old 11-25-2002, 02:51 PM   #5
ksshane
Thanks Neil,

I just sent "Griff" an email.

Thanks for the help
Shane

Old 11-25-2002, 05:58 PM   #6
ksshane
Neil...

I just recieved an email back from "Griff". He was nice enough to send me some pics.... ... Very nice looking Boas!!!
Unfortunately for me. He was sold out .

Thanks again for all your help.

Shane Elliott

Old 11-25-2002, 06:27 PM   #7
jdg
If your still considering the deal with Frank Martin, these are the two mentions of him on the BOI:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=Frank+Martin

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=Frank+Martin

Both threads say positive things, so you may have been on the right track to begin with.

Old 11-25-2002, 07:04 PM   #8
ksshane
I am still corresponding through emails with Frank. He has been great. I checked all of his references, and I did a search on the BOI. Everything has come back positive.

The plan is to give Frank a call tonight, and work out any other details, and then I will place my order with him.

I had to do some real sweet talking with the wife, but she finally agreed to let me go ahead, and pay in full for the Boa's. As soon as I get them I will of course let everyone on the BOI know how things go.

Thanks again Neil, and Jackie for your help, and suggestions.
Shane

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!