How to import? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
Arizona Tortoise Compound
How to import?

I am wondering what it takes to import a captive bred leopard tortoise from U.K. to U.S.A. Arizona state in particular? Any advice, info or links is helpful. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
ice#1
depends on your local laws you might try and see if i licensed importer can get it for you so they got to take care of all the paperwork. cause it will depend on if animal is listed with cities or any other form that would make it have to have special paper work

in past I've used glades herp for getting imports. and they didn't mark what i wanted way up either did mark it up a lil but nothing that made me change my mind

also don't know if they are still in business but there use to be an importer in Scottsdale cant rember there name though it's been 10 or 15 years since i heard from them. also dont quote me but isn't bushmaster office in arizona. but with bushmasters got to buy at least 400 dollars worth to do business with them not sure if price is set if you walk in

i know i been checking lots of importers sites lately and most of them got a set order size in dollars or number of animals you got to buy to even do bussiness with them and thats set yearly

Old 07-27-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
Ameivaboy
I work with someone who's licensed to import/export however I wonder why you would just not get a leopard tortoise from here in the states?

Old 07-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
Arizona Tortoise Compound
That is what I am going to end up doing. I was really just curious about the regs on such an issue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!