Jason Brennan, Got Mice, Where's the paperwork? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #1
Rocket
Jason Brennan, Got Mice, Where's the paperwork?

I hate to do this but I am getting no response from Jason with email or phone. Set up a trade with Jason for 1.1 het pieds 06 for 2.4 adult crested geckos (proven breeders) and babies 0.0.13. He advertised on another site that he was looking for adults so I responded. Took a month or so to get everything set but we agreed to meet and do the trade. I got to our meeting spot ( I was late due to a small mishap on the way down but not important to this story) and met Jason. Nice enough guy but after showing me the 06 het pieds, the male had damage to his right eye after a mouse encounter gone bad. Jason did bring an 07 male, which, all things considered would work out fine. Decided to take the 07 male and 06 female. Asked where the paperwork was and he stated that since he didn't know which male I was going to take he didn't bring the paperwork but that he would email me no problem. I really didn't want to do the drive again so i agreed, even though i had already checked him out on this site and he unfortunately had very similar feedback in regards to paperwork. He called a couple days later and said his computer crashed and he would need photos of the snakes since he didn't have any backed up. I had just feed the snakes so gave them a couple days and then tried to send the pics to him. The email got bounced back. I checked his website and it was down as well. I was okay with this for a couple weeks. I called him during that time and requested paperwork as soon as his site was up and running again (left a message). He came back on line a couple weeks ago. More emails sent, three, and no response to any of them. I even told him in the last email that i would have no choice but to post here if i didn't get some response. Well, needless to say, I still have no paperwork or even the promise of cooperation. I would have been satisfied with a return email stating he was working on it but I got nothing. In my view, this is just poor business and others need to know about him. Hopefully, this can still be cleared up. The ball is in your court Jason. Please do the right thing!

Rod Newman
Nashville, TN
615-414-4867

Old 07-12-2007, 12:24 AM   #2
artfan1
in regards to the (new) photos...

Quote:
He called a couple days later and said his computer crashed and he would need photos of the snakes since he didn't have any backed up.
I just have to remark here. Paperwork, to some, is questionable anyway. But when the buyer is asked to send photos back to the seller, after the snakes have already changed hands, doesn't that destroy the integrity of the paperwork anyway?

If I produce a het, I photograph the baby, right out of the shell. As I do all our babies. If I compose paperwork for that animal, I can be certain it is my animal because I took the photo and the animal has not left my site before doing so.

At this point, the value of the paperwork has been tainted, if the new owner is taking photos and sending them back to the seller for the paperwork. Am I wrong is seeing it this way?

If I misunderstood, I apologize.

Troy Dozier

Old 07-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #3
GDReptile
Paperwork.

Troy,
While you make some good points, the paperwork may still be important. Even If Rod sends the pictures to Jason and paperwork is created after the deal takes place. The paperwork as created and signed by Jason confirming that said animals are indeed het for Pied could provide Rod with more avenues of recourse down the line if they prove not to be hets.

Hope all works out for you Rod. Good Luck. Have you tried to inform Jason of this thread? I understand this may be difficult if your email is bouncing back, and he will not answer the phone.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
ByRandom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket
Asked where the paperwork was and he stated that since he didn't know which male I was going to take he didn't bring the paperwork but that he would email me no problem.
Why couldn't he bring paperwork for all three animals, and then return home with the paperwork of the animal that wasn't traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket
I really didn't want to do the drive again so i agreed, even though i had already checked him out on this site and he unfortunately had very similar feedback in regards to paperwork.
If you checked him out and he had similar feedback.... Why go through with the deal in the first place?

Old 07-12-2007, 10:27 PM   #5
Rocket
Grant, exactly my point. If after breeding for two or three years and I get no visual pieds, then i need that paperwork. And yes his site is up and emails are no longer being bounced back. In my last email I did say that if he didn't respond at all then i would come here and post about it. I gave him three deadlines and got no response for any. The last deadline was monday and I waited till Wednesday to post this.

He finally returned my last email today and requested pics again. So I sent him the link to pics again. He seemed ticked but again, hold up your side of the bargain and we will not be in this situation. Communicate to me if you aren't able to do something sooner but don't just ignore my requests. A little simple communication and this would never have happened.

Random,
I already explained why I went through with the deal. I didn't want to make the drive again and I wanted to get rid of the crested geckos. Not many people are looking to purchase the lot and offer me something I was interested in. The deal made sense and still does, I just want my paperwork. Now, you can bust my chops for doing it because I was aware of his past problems, but again, no one else was looking for what I had and offering what he had. I'm not even saying this is a terrible trade and don't do business with him. The animals are healthy and seem to have no problems. I was just shorted the paperwork. He can solve that problem easily. And I will gladly let you know when he completes the deal.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #6
harveysherps
Hello every one. My name is Wes Harvey. I am the owner of Harveys Herps. I know Jason personally. He is having some major personal problems at the moment and his computer being down is the least of his problems. I saw the Cresteds you traded him. Your met him on Interstate 65 if I am correct.Btween Athens and Nashville. They were beautiful. Let me assure you that Jason is a man of his word. He is a friend of mine and he has no idea I am doing this.I will let him know what is going on and I will get you an answer to your questions.He honestly is having troubles. I give you my word on that. Your snakes are what he says they are . I don't think he would do you that way. As I said I will be seeing him soon and I will ask him about this. Sorry about the mix up.

Old 07-22-2007, 01:11 PM   #7
Rocket
Ten days later and still nothing. Come on Jason. Let's finish this deal, please.

Rod Newman

Old 07-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #8
Rocket
Wes, yes that is me and those are the cresteds we traded. Any luck with Jason?

Rod Newman

Old 07-22-2007, 01:49 PM   #9
harveysherps
He will be coming to my house today. I saw him yesterday and forgot to mention it. I have mentioned it to his wife. I just forgot to ask him if she mentioned it to him. A lot has been happening the last few weeks . None of it is good unfortunately. I will mention it when he comes today. Maybe he can use my computer. But all of his pics are lost. We don't have pics to do it right. If you would like send me pics and I'll ask Jason to try and fix them on my computer. I still say this is all a big mess that cannot be contolled. He wouldn't intentioally do you that way. Those were some really cool Cresteds. You don't have any others to get rid of do you. I live on the Tenn. and Al. border. Near a town called Pulaski Tn. I get back to you. Wes

Old 07-22-2007, 05:07 PM   #10
Ed Clark
Thumbs down

Wes, your are absolutly right about this being a big mess. it starts with jason delivering a pair of het pieds with no genetic documentation! the pair of hets are worthless if they ever have to be sold at a later date.

Then it is suggested that the customer send pictures back to jason so he can fix them up on your computer, unfreakin believable.

I think that Rod should be refunded in full so he can purchase a pair of het pieds from someone that really wants his business and can give him a peace of mind with proper genetic documentation on that pair of hets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveysherps
None of it is good unfortunately. I will mention it when he comes today. Maybe he can use my computer. But all of his pics are lost. We don't have pics to do it right. If you would like send me pics and I'll ask Jason to try and fix them on my computer. I still say this is all a big mess. Wes

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!