Heat and Humidity for Emerald Tree Boa - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
Headcreeps
Heat and Humidity for Emerald Tree Boa

Hey all,
The last few weeks I've been reading up on ETB's but haven't seen that much on what to use for heat and humidity. I am definitely going to get a thermostat would a helix system be good? I used it for my bearded dragon colony and have had no problems.
So my question is what is suggested to use to get temperatures to about 82 degrees in the day time?
I would prefer to use a misting/rain system on a timer instead of misting myself during the morning, any good products that people know of I can read up on that can maintain a 80%+ R.H?
I don't plan on purchasing an ETB for atleast a year or two but I've been so interested by them that I would love to read more on some things I can use and have an enclosure ready and stable before it arrives.
Also, are there any recommended cages/enclosure ready made out there? I've read vision cages work well and hold humidity great
Thanks for looking

Old 08-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
hadenglock
For emeralds i treat them like green tree pythons if your familiar with their care, but i do keep the humidity just a little bit denser. For emeralds a hotspot of 87-89 degrees, an ambient of roughly 80. For humidity i hand spray cages heavily in the morning and then let it evaporate throughout the day. If the front of the cage is still fogged up or dripping with water from a previous misting, i skip it. A good enclosure to look for would be something that is horizontally oriented, but still has a little more than average height to it. Boa master cages, www.pmherps.com, and other companys often have specific aboreal snake enclosures that work nicely.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!