Silkworms.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-01-2004, 10:17 AM   #1
ambanja
Silkworms....

I understand that there are not as many breeders of silkworms out there.
I am wondering if anybody has any clue where I can get a good supply of silkworms (not eggs). I am going to need a steady supply of them as well, I will be ordering approx 1000 a week.
If I had the room, I would breed them myself, but unfortuantely, I would have to get rid of some critters then, and that is absolutely out of the question. I attemted California Silkworms, but they hardly ever have a constant supply of 1000.

William Shuey

Old 09-01-2004, 10:54 AM   #2
alejandro
mulberryfarm.com

you can get the breeder package kit for 299.

you get 1 incubator 18 x 18 x 7 1/2 inches, including thermometer (holds at least 24 petri dishes)
3 pounds (6 bags) of powdered silkworm mulberry chow (makes 12 pounds of mulberry food)
2 pounds (1 container) of premade silkworm chow (for feeding newly hatched worms while still in petri dishes).
10,000 silkworm eggs (loose) can ship in 1 or 2 installments at your request.
egg scoops (for scooping eggs into petri dishes for hatching) holds 250 and 500 eggs.
glue stick (for gluing eggs into petri dishes for hatching)
20 large petri dishes
gloves and sterilizing alcohol
measuring cup for making chow
microwave cooking container (for making food from powdered chow)
toothpicks (to elevate chow strips)
simple instructions using pictures that anyone can follow.

and 5.000 eggs free

Old 09-01-2004, 11:10 AM   #3
ambanja
I do not have the room to breed silk worms, nor do I have the time to wait and hatch eggs out. Hence the reason why I need to order 1000 at a time.

Old 09-01-2004, 11:20 AM   #4
jenn_jeffery
Try calling Mulberry Farms and see if they can supply you with the amount of worms you need. I used to order from them, and never had a problem, though I didn't need the quantity you did, and not weekly either.

If they can supply them for you, they may be willing to automatically bill you and ship them without you ordering them each week...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!