Egg Laying Video!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-05-2006, 02:53 AM   #1
BalloonzForU
Thumbs up Egg Laying Video!!!!!

I'm so excited!!!!! I'm saying that a lot lately.

Well I was on my way to bed, and as always checked on my females for eggs. Guess what I saw. One of my girls as SH Stripe was getting ready to lay her eggs. So I grab my camera take a quick pic, which she didn't like due to the flash. So I switch it over to video and grab my little mag lite. I covered most of the light just enough to see her. I got it all on video. You can even hear me saying "Good Girl" after she lays the second egg and starts turn it.(she laid the first one when I got my camera)

I have it posted on my website. It's in QuickTime, and is a large file so give it some time to load. I have it set to auto play.

http://www.leopardgeckobreeder.com/incubator.html

Old 03-05-2006, 03:01 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
Very neat!!

Old 03-05-2006, 03:02 AM   #3
BalloonzForU
This one may load faster, nothing else on the page.

http://www.leopardgeckobreeder.com/untitled2.html

Old 03-05-2006, 03:11 AM   #4
BalloonzForU
Thank you Stef. It was so hard not to coach her, "Come on you can do it! Push Push Push!". I didn't want to make any noise and disturb her. You can hear me stiffling (damn allergies), I was trying to hold my breath so I didn't sniffle.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:34 AM   #5
Art Klass
Felicia, that was great. Awesome timing!

Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #6
Leogirl
Very cool, thanks!!!
I know nothing about breeding but my 1yr old leo Gary is gravid right now and I'm waiting for it all to end! She doesn't have a tank mate so the poor girl has to do it all for nothing I have a few questions tho....1. Do they always lay 2 or does it depend on the leo? 2. i heard you should mark the egg so you know which way is up, but she was kicking them around so does this hurt the eggs at all? 3. Since Gary is still a "virgin" is this going to keep happening to her every year?
Thanks again for the video!

Old 03-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #7
BalloonzForU
Thank you, Art and Angela. Art, that's why I keep my camera in with the geckos all the time now. I also keep gekco hours...LOL.... so I've seen it a couple of times, but this time I had my trusty camera.

Old 03-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #8
LeosForLess
That was way too cool!
I have a girl who has been digging and digging for like 5 days now and she still hasn't laid. Every time i look into her box i see shes dug a new way, right now theres a canyon down the middle! I hope i can catch her on video, that would be so cool. Congrads!

Old 03-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #9
BalloonzForU
Thanks Paul. Congratulations on the fertile eggs. I'm hoping the eggs in the video are fertile. Her first clutch was infertile and her second is fertile and the third (from video) are looking good this morning. It would have been neat to video her mating, laying and the eggs hatching. Still have a chance to catch the hatching.

Old 03-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #10
nwheat
That was too cool!! I haven't been fortunate enough to catch them laying yet - one of these days!!