belly heat VS rear wall heat - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2005, 03:31 PM   #13
Chris_Harper2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Can this product be used between a UTH and the underlying surface to reflect more of the heat upward and into the cage?

Or is it intended more to wrap the walls with to retain what heat is inside inside?

I know that some heat mat manufacturers say that you can add insulation under their mats. My concern is for the safety of doing this. Heat build up and all.
You can sandwich a heat source between a reflective insulation and a barrier like a cage floor. That is what I did with the rope light and the back of the tubs in my rack(s). But if the cage floor, for example, also has reflective properties this can put stress on the heat source - it may overheat. So it really depends on all the factors. I would not do this with a glass cage. I would do it with most plastic cages.