Interesting but unethical Hybrid attempt. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about this?
Stupid, pointless, why bother mixing these 2 beautiful species? 47 38.52%
I love it, very awesome idea. 9 7.38%
Interesting at the least, but doubtfully possible. 17 13.93%
If nothing else, Id like to see results. 49 40.16%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #11
darkbloodwyvern
off topic ? sorry...

i agree with the Texas law. unless an animal is purebred, ther is no reason not to neauter or spay a pet-mutts are great, and seem to have fewer issues along the lines of inbreeding (something that a good breeder will always try to prevent) but we really don't need any more puppies and kitties, as cool and fun as they are. The county i live in is one of the highest in streilized cats and dogs because we used to have lots of unwanted pets, and vets began lowering their costs to help fix animals.
this is also a good reason to not get herps in pairs unless you are housing them separately or specifically breeding them. i have seen ads from adoption agencies about bearded dragons (or almost anything here) whose owners did not know about the prolific breeding habits of their new animals. While i feel bad for those who have this dillema, i would also mention that if they had reseached for a good couple of days and waited awhile before buying their pets, they would probably have the knowladge of how to prevent this. I am
just glad for sites like this where anyone who needs the info can find it or ask for it and get a reasonable answer to their questions.

So- i'm hoping the guy breeding these snakes knows that he may get nothing, or may have to cull some or all of the results, and i hope he is responsible enough to do so. I also hope he isn;t going to sell them at a ridiculous price, because honestly, anyone with one of each snake can do this kind of thing-that is what worries me.