Martha Makes Her Debut and Monty is not impressed.........tee hee!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2006, 06:28 AM   #1
6y0ballpython
Martha Makes Her Debut and Monty is not impressed.........tee hee!!!

Well, we've been having problems with our male bp named Monty......he's been having weird molting problems.......since posting my problems with him, I have learned that he is very under weight, dehydrated, not digesting properly, and not regulating his body temp properly. Finally, I've got the correct set up and he is doing great. well, tonight when I went to pick up a few things at Petland, my son went straight to the reptile department, just like he always does, and came back with the news that they have a ball python for sale. Her story is this......She was surrendered to Petland because her owners abandoned her in the apartment building suite that they vacated in a quick hurry. The new tenants took her to Petland and they sold her to me for $585 Canadian dollars. She is very beautiful. I really want to get her weighed to see how big she really is. Here are a few better pics of her. I will keep her and Monty apart for at least 3 months. I do not know anything about introducing snakes of same species to each other. She is way bigger than him, so she may eat him......She could ya know! He's that small that he'd make a good meal. We are also doing good handwashing in between handling them both. Petland said that she was seen by a vet a few times, and that they probed her to find out her sex. I want a female so I can eventually breed her. Is there any way to tell their sex from their appearance or characteristics. She isn't old that. Maybe 8 years old they thought at Petland,. How can you tell how old they are? Is ther any formula to figure it out? Also, she is strong........VERY STRONG......All muscle.....Does she need any vitamin supplement based on her size? I was told to feed her 3 adult mice every 5-7 days. What do you think? We do not have rats here in Canada. They don't sell them alive,only frozen. She will only eat live food. Picky girl that Martha. I just don't know if the mice will have enough electrolytes and calcium in them for her. She's a pretty big girl.