Airborne Express ....... wonder how many - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2003, 07:42 PM   #1
JungleHabitats
Airborne Express ....... wonder how many

Hey there well this has been stated before but once again they Double charges .

Heres the deal last month i shipped a BCI to tallahasse Fla. called gave box Dim.'s and weight for a shipping quote.easy enough right WRONG they Quoted the price to be $28.04 shipped next day as requested.Now yesterday my invoice from them arrives and i open to not (much surprise) to find there charges to be alomost 100% doubled of there quote $44.08for a 5lb shipment. well of course i got on the phone and placed a call and requested the same size box& weight quoteto the same physical address to see what they tell me .well they tell me the same $28.04 so i proceed to ask them why they seem to on a regular basis DOUBLE charges to there customers.and went on to explain to them that i have had this done to me on over 15 shipments over the last yr.one perfect example wasa custom cage i did a giveaway on last yr which SPJ won the cage i called and spoke with him to set up shipping etc. and also called airborne which there quote was if i remember correctly was $128.00 there abouts well all was set right ... wrong my bill came in for that shipment and yep you bet it was doubled $256.00 again i called and asked what the problem was as the charges i was told were again doubled .which there customer service person told me they would check and make the appropriate changes to the billing statement to reflect what they quoted me (which by the way never happened) and was continually billed they $256 for the package i did send the payment for there original quote of $128.00 but it really erks me how they seem to always double there billing charges i was just wandering how many other people have had this happen to them via Airborne. or am i the only lucky lottery shipper lol.