Morph help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-04-2004, 08:53 PM   #1
Mark and Aimee
Morph help

We picked this little Leo up today, hoping it will turn out to be a nice hypo tangerine.

Any thoughts on what this one might progress to look like as an adult?

Old 04-04-2004, 09:01 PM   #2
Intense Herpetoculture
Truthfully you never know until it is an adult, but so far it looks good.

Old 04-04-2004, 09:08 PM   #3
Jeremy Letkey
I think you will at least get what you are hoping for. Hypo tang. It is impossible to be certain though. Looks like it has very good potential though. Nice oranges and the grey banding will almost certainly fade away. The spots should reduce and some or all should fade. The tail, with the grey at the base reminds me of many carrot tails I have seen. Don't quote me on anything especially if the gecko turns brown and ugly . I think it's a winner though.

Old 04-04-2004, 11:08 PM   #4
Mark and Aimee
Thanks for the input, both of you. It will be interesting to see how this one turns out... And I'll be sure to post some updated pics in a few months.

Old 04-05-2004, 01:18 PM   #5
diablohogs
Thumbs up quality gecko

strong orange, remnants of carrot developing at the base of the tail, few spots, faded bands and no leg markings.

These are all good signs that what you have is a quality Leo.

im just going to go out on a limb here and hypothesize:

super hypo(possible baldy) tang (possible screamer) with at least 25% carrot.

but like everyone else said...it could go the other way too...

the orange could fade to yellow (or worse), it could develop more spotting, and the carrot tail could cease to be. but maybe its best to expect the worse...that way no matter what you'll be satisfied.

good luck...and I cant wait to see what he/she develops into.

whats the age?

Old 04-05-2004, 03:14 PM   #6
Golden Gate Geckos
awww!

What a beautiful little one! This guy will definitely not turn yellow... and I agree that the spotting will fade to just a few faint ones or none at all. Looks like baldy and carrot-tail potential! But, you can't always predict these things... time will tell!

Old 04-06-2004, 03:28 PM   #7
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
whats the age?
Shouldn't be older than two months.

Thanks all, for the compliments and opinions. This has certainly helped me in justifying the purchase of a leopard gecko :-)

We picked up a nice Las Vegas albino yesterday - just for the heck of it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!