Update on reverse stripe albinos... temperature debate? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-07-2004, 08:25 PM   #21
A&M Gecko
will incubation temps effect the strength of the orange pigment like it does the brown?

Yes in my experience if you breed two albino tangerines you will get (using the Tremper incubation method) brighter looking females as they hatch. This does not mean that the animal will look much better than a female hatched at 82* when both animals are fully grown.
A&M

Old 04-07-2004, 09:02 PM   #22
Golden Gate Geckos
good topic...

Quote:
however the female that you produced @ 82* is much darker than the one produced by A&M at the same temp. possibly from the use of vionate or as he pointed out... maybe from superior lineage.
True, but keep in mind the little female in my original photo is only a few hours old. She will (hopefully) become lighter with each shed. None of my tangerine albinos have been line bred or given color enhancing supplements.

If the argument for the "Tremper" method of incubation held true for all albinos over a period of their lifetimes, then all males would have superior coloration over females simply by virtue of their incubation temperature.. and this is clearly not the case.

Old 04-08-2004, 01:34 AM   #23
Blazin
I know the two bright reverse stripes are a week older buTT!!

They seem to be at least 2 or 3 grams and maybe a inch larger than their new sister! Wonder if those temps had anything to do with size? HUMMMMMMMM!

Old 04-08-2004, 11:37 AM   #24
Xavier
Alberto the hatchling are amazing hopefully someday I will be producing such nice leos.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!