Unlawful arrest and detention - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 08-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #71
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
There have been plenty of times in history that the same type of scenario has played out. No or little government, none to enforce laws.

Religion (whatever it might be) will always find a way to stay and systems develop quickly. More people will take advantage and more savagery will be displayed but through all of recorded history there are those that retained their "humanity" and always will. There will always be some kind of system that will be developed on whatever level even if small.
I'm not sure exactly how far back in history your talking about but I might be a little young to honestly comment on them past similar scenarios. I'm assuming since we have systems in place now it's safe to take your word. The few years I been on earth I found many things dont end happily ever after & the good guy doesn't always win like in the movies, it's actually nice to hear that sometimes in real life it does happen.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #72
crotalusadamanteus
It's easy to take the written word out of context when it's not accompanied by tone of voice and/or facial expression. Although I am a kind person at heart, and killing is the last thing I would ever want to do again, I assure you, under the right circumstances, I will be as savage and brutal as one can possibly be.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #73
Shadera
You don't have to stockpile just ammo. Prepping isn't just about hoarding food. It's about picking up skillsets that will allow you and your family to survive in a post-government world. Self-sufficiency. Gardening, foraging, survival, raising animals for food, fixing things on your own, etc, all fall into that category. You can feed your family, and take care of your family with no worry about being dependent on someone else.

No one of us is going to survive indefinitely after this all goes down. We need to band together with those we trust, so that we can form solid little communities that take care of each others' needs until some sort of order can be established. Security, food, comfort, etc.

Look into it some if you care to. You just might find someone nearby that you can band up with that'll show you how to grow your own potatoes, then your family need never go hungry, and you need not risk your life to take from someone else. Because living like that, someone *will* eventually outgun you. And then what for your family?

Just some things to think about. I'll not derail the thread further with my ramblings.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #74
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
It's about picking up skillsets

Old 08-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #75
Metachrosis
To many generations now "have to" aquire skills,that were once common parenting practices into the later 70's.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!