More proof you never,NEVER fire a warning shot - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 05-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
Metachrosis
More proof you never,NEVER fire a warning shot

However, police later determined he wasn’t justified in firing his weapon. Medford Police Lt. Mike Budreau said “there was nothing that the suspect was doing that was aggressive enough to justify the shooting.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...into-his-home/

The final determination should be a toe tag

Old 05-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #2
JColt
If he wasnt justified in firing a warning shot, I highly doubt giving the guy a toe tag would have been smart.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
bcr229
While I wouldn't convict him if I were on his jury, I will say that firing a warning shots is both legally and tactically stupid. First, you are legally responsible for the damage caused by every round you fire. Yes, this guy put the round into the ground, but if that round ricochets off a rock and hits something else, you're paying for a defense attorney. Second, in a self-defense shooting you are far better off legally with a perp bleeding out in your house than a live one running away.

Tactically, when you fire that round you've just let the perp(s) know where you are, and at night unless you've got a suppressor on that gun to reduce the flash, you've probably ruined your night vision.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
Metachrosis
If you breach my modest security measures without permission like the OP instance
You will be greeted by two large breed,well trained animals that love to bite and hold.
Get past them and your a pretty bad dude,nothing less then two rounds gets fired here,removing hostile threats doesn't involve wounding,much less warning

Old 05-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
JColt
My 2 dogs stop people at the curb.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
Metachrosis
FYI,you do not let Level 2 Trained K/9's "to the curb",
if your packing dope,theyll take that from you too . . . .

Ms Milly doing her thing . . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img146.jpg (218.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg img149.jpg (217.7 KB, 22 views)

Old 05-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #7
JColt
Have no need for attack dogs. Mine are babes unless you do something stupid. Both can pick out unsavory characters easily.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!