Fat Tail Gecko not eating! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
Rorokranz
Fat Tail Gecko not eating!

So I have a female fat tail gecko that's about a year old and stopped eating maybe a month and a half to two months ago. I kept her in a 10 gallon with an UTH and she has a humidity hide. She was eating crickets and mealworms just fine until she started eating less and less and then went on a hunger strike. I moved her to a 20 gallon about a month ago. The temps are 85 F during the day, with 40% humidity. Her humidity hide is about 60% humid. She has an undertank heater and a halogen heat bulb above the hot spot. I even moved her favorite cave to the hot spot so she sleeps there more often. She has always been kept on paper towels. I took her to the vet and he found 2 types of parasites and prescribed 100 mg/ml of panacur. I've given her her meds as directed and disinfect her cage and cage decorations with zoo med wipe out each time she poops to prevent parasites from spreading. I've been doing this for 4 weeks and she still refuses to eat. Has anyone had experience with this? How long does it take for a gecko to recover from parasites? Could she be entering brumation? Are my temps too cold? Should I get a night bulb? I'm not seeing urates anymore either which makes me think she's not drinking water anymore. Also, her last 2 sheds were almost perfect (some stuck shed on her toe) which was never. an issue. Her latest shed was perfect (no stuck shed anywhere). Not sure if that's good news or what or maybe I'm overreacting. Any help or advice wwould be great!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!