Junk mail - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:58 AM   #1
Lucille
Junk mail

I get all sorts of snail mail advertising. The vast majority I don't look at. Around Christmas it gets ridiculous. But, sometimes I'll look at stuff like garden seed catalogs, I think that once you buy from some of these garden companies you get mail for life, but I like gardening so that is OK.
A couple months ago I rejoined the AAA, the American Automobile Association. They are persistent mailers, and I got another piece of mail from them a few days ago. I think it was labelled 'Second Notice' so I opened it, because I had just rejoined (and paid) and they shouldn't have needed to mail me.
I noticed they had a special offer, too.
So I email the AAA to make sure I am registered and mentioned the offer.
They wrote back, confirmed my registration, and told me they were sending me money so I could have the offer price.
I guess every once in a while, opening a piece of junk mail is worthwhile

Old 08-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
Mistyck
Yay for savings!

Do you have a smart phone Lucille? If so there's an app that you can download called "Paper Karma" and you can set up an account, and scan (photograph) your junk mail, and it will take you off of those mailing listings...

I have downloaded it and it's working like a charm!

Old 08-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #3
Lucille
I never did get a smart phone because I rarely use a phone.
But if I had the app I would have missed the mail that I turned into cash.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
WebSlave
Heck, I don't want a smart phone. Nor a smart car, smart TV, or smart *anything*, please and thank you. The way I figure it, sooner or later if you fill your house and life up with smart appliances, they are going to start talking together and eventually turn on you. Shades of The Terminator!!

But heck, now that I think about it, maybe having an alarm clock smart enough to know that I REALLY don't want to get up that early wouldn't be such a bad thing to have around.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!