Greenville SC Show... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 11-03-2004, 10:06 AM   #21
eric adrignola
Yeah, the Raleigh ans Atlanta shows are usually bigger and better than the greenville show was.

The atlanta show is in a couple of weeks. It's at the civic center, and is a very nice expo center, usually a huge show.

I work for Tony at the shows, selling tickets, etc. I was looking for some uroplates for my brother, but there was a lack of them to say the least. check with Joe at carolina specialty pets, in Hendersonville, NC. He usually has them(but didn't at the show).

Ask him if they'll be having any within th enear future.

He's a good guy, and knows his stuff.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:00 AM   #22
CJBianco
Here's an update on the Greenville show...

My wife called me Monday from work and said that the reason there weren't too many vendors when we arrived, is that earlier Sunday morning two kids (14 & 16) were shot and killed there. Many of the vendors left after that. So...maybe the Greenville show really IS a good show, just not this year.

Thanks for the tip as well.

Chris

Old 11-03-2004, 11:19 AM   #23
Southerncat
Chris the kids that were shot at a halloween party that someone was having at the expo center in one of the smaller halls there. I do know that a few of the vendors had not shown up at all and some of the vendors arrived late. I know Reptile Magazine did not even show up. All in all I think that we had a good show concerdering(sp) it was halloween. I personally had a ball , I did not get to look around alot, being the one taking the tickets that Eric was selling, But i did get to meet alot of great vendors. And i agree with Eric about Carolina Specialty Pets, they are some great people! Oh and I do know that the lady with the baby tiger did not come sunday because the baby tiger was bitting people. It was trying to play with me and wanted to chew on my hand.

Old 11-04-2004, 10:41 AM   #24
eric adrignola
When I mentioned the shootings to the security guys at the show, they said it was ifrecrackers, and nobody was shot. Being that I saw nothing in the news, I think the shootings were a rumor.

Old 11-04-2004, 10:54 AM   #25
Southerncat
my bad

after i re read what i last posted I remembered why the tiger lady wasnt there on Sunday. Tony C told us that her sister had pasted away. Sorry, i have been sick for 2 weeks now, so I guess it is effecting my memory. And yea Eric there was a shooting . one kid got shot in the back and one in the arm it was on the local new sunday night. Do you remember coming through the back gate where all those cars were at the end of the building? That was where it happened.

Old 11-05-2004, 09:00 AM   #26
eric adrignola
Hah, interesting... the security guy was being pretty light hearted about it. wonder if he was trying to make sure I wasn't scared, since it was 1:00AM, and I was staying at the show overnight for security.

I wasn't scared. though next time, I hope to have a concealed to carry liscense.

I probably won't be at the Atlanta show. I won't be able to do any of the shows for the near future. My wife is 7.5 months pregnant, and we're very busy. the extra cash is good, but I can't leave her right now, and I won't for a few eeks after my daughter's born.

Old 11-05-2004, 12:13 PM   #27
Southerncat
Congrads on the baby girl.... Is this your first? I had no idea and yes you should be near your wife now that is getting close to delivery date. Hope all goes well.

I think Monica and Jason are going to help out at Atlanta but I dont think me and Danny are. I am suppose to have surgery on the 17 .

and yes I do think that the security guy was playing it off so no one would get scared.

Old 11-05-2004, 03:26 PM   #28
Phil Bradley
Quality of shows

The quality of the shows in Raleigh took a nosedive this year (I did not attend SC this year but was told by many that it was as bad as Raleigh). Many of the vendors who had nice CB animals (and were at previous shows) were absent in 04. How were the experiences of others at the SC show?

Phil Bradley

Old 11-09-2004, 11:01 AM   #29
Southerncat
I think the show was good. It could have been better and it could have been worse. It was held on Halloween week end and i think that if it had been on a different weekend it would have been better. And it was the first show here in Greenville. I know we had a good turnout and they were buying! I know that there was high end stuff as well as the cheap stuff. BUT I DO KNOW THE NEXT SHOW AROUND HERE WILL BE A GREAT SHOW!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!