Flavirufus Sand Monitor - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2024, 06:03 AM   #1
zazazawa
Flavirufus Sand Monitor

Looking to rehome my 1 year old Flavirufus Sand Monitor. Purchased him CBB from a very reputable breeder specializing in this species of monitor. If you are not familiar with this species they are closely related to Argus Monitors but stay much smaller in size, maxing out around 3-4 feet. This species is extremely smart and super inquisitive, always taking notice of their surroundings. There’s even accounts of people training them to learn commands.

The breeder is pretty positive it’s a Male but that is not guaranteed. He’s around 2 feet in length and perfectly healthy. Sadly I have not handled him much so he is still quite wild. He has never tried to bite and I believe he could easily be worked with since he’s still a manageable size. This species is known for being “all bark/no bite”… Of course I’m not saying they can’t bite but they mainly puff up and loudly hiss.

His favorite foods are scrambled/raw eggs, minced meats (from Mother of Reptiles) and raw fish. Dubia roaches used to be in his rotation but I haven’t offered those in a while. He eats 2-3 times a week and doesn’t tong feed. I put it in a bowl and it’s always devoured before I check back in.

I am not a reseller. Every animal I purchase I plan on it staying with me for life but I feel he would be better off with someone that can devout much more time with him. I sadly don’t have the time it would take to train him and I don’t think that’s fair to anyone. I am very picky on who he goes to though. I want to make sure he goes to a good home so I will have some questions and want pics of your enclosure. He will need a minimum of a 6x3x3 enclosure soon.

I would prefer not to ship him but Fedex Overnight is a possibility if there’s no other options. I’m willing to meet in GA, FL or SC. I’d also gladly meet you at one of the Reptile Shows coming up in August/Sept.

Please let me know if you have any questions! $1200
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240515_071215.jpg (392.5 KB, 70 views)
  Contact User Check User