Welcome Back - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 10-23-2005, 06:23 PM   #11
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Cox
And ChrisTSE welcome back to you.........better late than never.
thank you

And now... a "guide" to those returning from suspension...

Unfortunately however with recent changes here on fauna I'm sure the staff, given their recent actions, will see me off again in the near future. I wish this were not the case, but from what I have seen in the past week or so, it is bound to happen....

I feel there is a very fine line between enforcing the rules with a iron fist and stalking past offenders while looking for any trivial reason to "warn" which would be overlooked if the offender would have been anyone else.... A standard complaint by many since the warning system was put in place.

Unfortunately many now agree that this line has been crossed and you may be issuing many more of these "welcomes" to users returning from suspensions. We're told that rules here are now enforced strictly and equally, and excuses have been made stating that "rules are enforced if and when we catch them, we can't possibly catch them all". I do not know about you, but this seems to contradict the previous goal.

This or similar has been said many times, privately when users complain about warnings and even publicly... but in order to enforce these rules equally, equal attention to these rules must be shown for all members, equal attention to all posts. If an excuse is made that this is simply not possible, than equal, total, strict, and unbiased moderation will never be possible making such claims VERY inaccurate. Unattainable perhaps?

It is obvious that a past offender will attract more attention, and users have complained that they are "being picked on" or stalked. Obviously this is no excuse either, I totally agree with staff on this point. Two people on the same public forum, one craps in the corner...... Who are you going to watch more closely in the future? You got it... The crapper. Understandable.....

But again, if they are taking the time to keep a watchful eye on these few, and claiming to enforce rules equally and forum-wide, Equal attention and enforcement is even more important! Basically, in order to do what Rich wants and back these new rules and stated terms of enforcement he'll need many more staff members to make this possible....

Till then, those who have been warned in the past or frequently, expect to be "stalked" and watch your "p's and q's" or else you'll be welcomed BACK here too after a suspension and fine. It stinks that given past runins you are forced to watch every little word or action but if you don't, you'll wish you had! The staff will make certain of it.

And yes, unfortunately you'll be quite angry viewing the hundreds of posts that are similar to yours that went unnoticed by staff.... you may even be hit with warnings for posts made prior to this change.

Don't complain though! Worst move possible....

You'll be told that they can only do so much and then moments later you'll view a post somewhere stating these rules are enforced forum-wide and unbiased. Now more than ever... Watch that tongue, and be on your best behavior!

At this point, we don't have a choice. In order to make use of our paid subscriptions and frequent the sections of this site we enjoy with friends we wish to chat with we're left with no other choice than to conform to the new regime. I'll try, and so can you...... Unfortunately we will have to try our best to do this in order to make use of the money we have spent to be here.

All in all.... Fauna was, and still is, in desperate need of change. I'm VERY glad the effort has been put forth to initiate such change, but I do believe they can be done more efficiently. Without the hostility, and the obvious mess. Unfortunately I was silenced when attempting to offer genuine suggestions. No matter how concerned I am at this point it is viewed as antagonism and I wish this were not so, perhaps someday this will change. And yes, its because I left a big steaming pile in a corner months ago..... Things like this are not forgotten, no matter if you try and change your spots. Please do not make the same mistake as I did folks.... Go with the flow, and I hope we're not welcoming YOU back soon as well. Good Luck.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:22 PM   #12
critical bill
So long Mon Ami.....I will truly miss you.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:25 PM   #13
Chris@TSE
huh? I do not believe I broke any rules by such statement and I did make a genuine attempt to avoid doing so. If I did however, please accept my apologies staff and enlighten me to what I did wrong? Again, voicing opinion and concern is very hard to do it seems without stepping on toes and being taken out of context, I thought I avoided this and voiced my thoughts well. I honestly do not want to see people make the same mistakes and I feel it is VERY hard to avoid these rules, especially for someone who has been warned before when speaking on this subject in particular. From what I was told disagreeing is not a punishable offence so I hope it is not viewed as one here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!