Big Chain Store Surprised Me! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-10-2006, 08:34 AM   #21
techgirl
i must agree, very adorable. got me thinking. lol

Old 02-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #22
BalloonzForU
Oh No! What did I start? LOL

Old 02-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #23
nydrgnldy
what are their heat requirements?? Hmmmm I may have to go check out some crestie care sheets....They really are adorable. I just love them. Sooooo cute!!!
Robin

Old 02-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #24
BalloonzForU
Not much of a heat requirement at all! Between 70-80, over 80 can kill them. Incubation is at room temp!!!! So much cheaper on the eclectic bill.

The only thing is that it can take up to 11 months to sex, and they are not TDS, so you can't even say temp sex male/female.

This guy is still young so he/she is in a large Kritter Keeper. I will be getting an Exo Terra 18 x18x 24 for him/her when it's full grown. Hoping it's a female, so I can get another female to house with him/her. If it's a male, I don't think I'll get another one. Don't really want to breed. My Leos will be keeping me busy, and I'm not good at all when it comes to the cresteds morphs.

Old 02-11-2006, 09:05 PM   #25
GeckoStud
Hehehe so you like the pic of my viv then no? That exo-terra tank is really nice after all Also my little guy is similar in color to yours but has a full milky stripe going down his tail. Have fun with him!

Old 02-11-2006, 11:44 PM   #26
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoStud
Hehehe so you like the pic of my viv then no? That exo-terra tank is really nice after all Also my little guy is similar in color to yours but has a full milky stripe going down his tail. Have fun with him!

I've been eyeing those since last year. But I didn't have a reptile to go in one till now.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #27
BalloonzForU
Ok! They are addictive too. Oh NO!!!

Well, I think I'm in trouble. I guess sometimes it's not a good thing when you have a herp show only 5 min away. At least there isn't one next month. I found another one of these guys that I really liked. Found out the first one is a male, so I got a female, from Robbie Hamper, while at the show.

I swear no more geckos. I won't buy any more, I swear!

Yeah right.<--- I figured I'd beat you all to that one. Still want a Bell from Kelli, so until then I guess.

Well here she is. Priscilla, and the male is Elvis.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #28
nicolai
WOW !!! you are hooked now!!!!! You have two very nice looking crested to start out with!! This will be my first year breeding them and I hope to keep adding to my collection. I have really downsized my overall collection as far as the big stuff goes ( redtail boas, carpet pythons, dumerils, bloods) but i will never get rid of my leos and crested as they are with me for life!!! I may even get some gargoyles,fat tails, vipers, and a few other species because i have some extra room now.
Good luck with your two new little friends and if I were your i would leave you money at home for a few months when you revisit the pet stores or you will go broke buying more of the little buggers !!!!!

Old 02-12-2006, 12:53 PM   #29
BalloonzForU
I think the cresteds are very very cute. But unlike the Leos their different morphs really don't interest me, so I have no breeding projects per say. If I do breed these two I will keep the first hatchling(s) and sell all the rest. My Leos will always be my main project. Not to say I don't love my little cresties, but I got them more for pets than to breed.

On another note, I think the female has taken to her new home very well, she has been checking out everything and is even showing me how much she likes to show off.

Old 02-12-2006, 03:45 PM   #30
brandy101010
that is too cute!
i dont need another addiction either!

must....not....look....at...crestie...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!