Please help my Crestie lost his tail - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-21-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
joe9985
Exclamation Please help my Crestie lost his tail

Today is a sad day for me and my crestie, I reached in to pick up his food bowl and he was hiding underneath and I startled him so much that he dropped his tail. Do I remove the tail from his enclosure or do I leave it in there for some time? How long do I wait to try handling him again, I dont want to scare him. Please help, Ive read 3 books on Cresteds but not 1 says what to do in this situation. Im new to geckos, Ive only had this Crested for a week. Any suggestions would be great.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #2
nicolai
well, go ahead and remove the tail from the enclosuse. you can put some neosporin on the wound and then give him some baby food to cheer him up. He will have no long lasting ill effects from dropping his tail, he will still live a long normal life without his tail.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:49 PM   #3
joe9985
Great thank you. I couldnt believe that wasnt mentioned in any of the books Ive read about Cresteds.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
dragonflame
Aww I'm sorry about that. It happens to all of us, don't worry he will be just fine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!