shows or events in southern cali/LA - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #11
Denisebme
I've heard rumor that the Tucson show in September is pretty awesome. We'll probably head over for that one.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:23 PM   #12
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denisebme
I get them from LLLReptile. We try to attend all the California shows. I know there are one or two in the bay area I'm missing, and Radical normally does OC Fairgrounds at the end of October.
Yeah, there's the Sacramento show sept. 9-10, and the San Jose show Nov. 11-12 (OP was interested in Southern CA otherwise I would have posted them earlier. I use to go to some shows in S.F. and Oakland, but they seem to have dissapeared.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:26 PM   #13
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reptile House
That sounds just like us! I like the shows better of course everything is right at your fingertips but in person so you see exactly what you are getting. We still attend just to go see all our friends we have not seen in a while and of course I never can pass up a boa or 2 or 3, what ever I can get past my hubby Shanell.
LOL! You sound like me. I always have a list of stuff I want from the shows, and I try to save everything I want that would be ridiculous to have shipped for show purchases. Trying to talk my hubby into new critters is just part of the fun

Old 02-23-2006, 09:29 PM   #14
reptilebreeder
Yeah, I use to love the San Diego show, it started to lose steam, and I haven't been in 4 years or so. I've heard it's picked up somewhat, after the move to Del Mar. The internet has definitely had an impact, but I still love going in person. Try to hit as many expos as I can. Wow, I just checked the IRBA site and it is now updated with the 06 shows. cool.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:38 PM   #15
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denisebme
that would be ridiculous to have shipped
I like shows for either really cheap stuff, like some kings, corns, cheaper geckos etc. when it's not cost effective to ship. Then they are good for expensive stuff, because you get to see what you're paying for, and it seems safer. Sometimes not a lot of expensive stuff though, and getting something shipped is the only option, besides that's fun too, like Christmas when the box arrives.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:46 AM   #16
jpatino
victorville

can anyone tell me who put on the victorville show and if they are still going to have it.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:17 AM   #17
Denisebme
OMG! I'm like little kid when I have a new beardie on the way! I'm always happy about those early morning delivery times!
I'm headed to Phoenix this weekend because I need some new tanks, and they're outrageous where I live. Well, really, its an excuse to see some friends and go to a show, but I really do need the tanks and some new lighting.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #18
The Reptile House
The one in Victorville was Kevin's with Radical, give him a call and see if he is comming back up there. Radicalreptiles.com.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!