Love is in the air? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
nazzza
Love is in the air?

My pair just shed (matt, as soon as I'll receive other sheds I'll ship the skins) and the male ate a trout of about 5-600gr ; female for the first time refused, and she loves trout.
Here wheater is changing: lowering temps, and a lot lot of rain. should be they are in love? In the last 2 years I paired them in november so I was thinking to wait next shed, but this year should be I'll anticipate of a month.
When you'll start pair your easterns?
ciao
nazzza

Old 09-27-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
thesnakeman
Nazza,
That's amoure, but you should probably wait I think. If you had success last year, I would do things the same way this year. I have been told that a significant cooling period is needed before they are allowed to breed. Otherwise she will lay eggs that may not be fertile. It is getting cooler here too. My indigos are beginning to loose appetite as well. I am not breeding them this year, but if I were, I would start putting them together in November, or December. But that's just me. Also, I like to wait until they completely stop eating. That way, there is little chance of them trying to hurt, or eat each other. And the only thing on their minds will be breeding.

Does it get cold enough outdoors in Italy to freeze? Send some of your rain to us!
T.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
nazzza
Hi Tony,
false alarm, after the storm temps went higher and they started again to eat like champs!
however here where I live in winter is very cold, in the night freeze and sometimes it snows.
Seems I'll wait next shed (hoping he will not start to shed every 3 days )
Ciao
nazzza

Old 10-06-2006, 11:09 AM   #4
thesnakeman
To breed or to feed

Nazza,
It sounds like your weather is very much like ours here in Missouri. Right now it is going back and forth between cold and hot. And the indigos don't know if they should feed or breed. Soon, when the day length gets short enough, they will loose all intrest in food. And the only thing on their minds will be amoure!

Also I think you have done a great job with some beautiful animals, making more beautiful animals! Keep up the good work!
T.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!