HELP!! Nighttime light without the heat - do you know of a way? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
LeopardspotLady
HELP!! Nighttime light without the heat - do you know of a way?

I would like to be able to see my Leo's at night since that is when they are most active, but I already have the undertank heating pad so I don't want to over heat the guys.

Is there an infra-red bulb that provides "invisible" light without all the heat?

OR OR OR . . . . .

Can I set the thermostat for the heating pads lower and have an infra red bulb so the temp equals the 90F in the basking area that I need?

Please help, I want the best for my little guys

Old 10-21-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
LeopardspotLady
Wait,

What if I just set the light higher above the tanks so that it was more for light and the heat wasn't right above them?

Old 10-21-2006, 10:43 PM   #3
LeopardspotLady
Nevermind guys!

I just found an LED light that comes in white red and blue at Drsfostersmith.com - it is EXACTLY what I need.

Sorry for wasting forum space with my question that I answered myself, but I hope this can help someone else if ever in the same predicament.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:21 AM   #4
LadyGecko
If you don't want the hassle of buying online and shipping-
Just go to any store that sells light bulbs and look for a red "party bulb"
They are only 25 watts so there really isn't a big heat issue with them
They are also cheap-I think 2 or 3 bucks
They are pretty easy to find-they even sell them at the grocery store here
Sandy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!