Identification needed please - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-26-2006, 12:45 AM   #1
SpindleHead
Identification needed please

Hello,

Can someone enlighten me as to thie species of snake this is? I was thinking Cornsnake but I have zero experience with snakes, someone else mentioned it could be a Pine snake. I am looking to buy it and need to be sure about the species.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Chris

Old 10-26-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
joshdhensley
Chris, it is not a corn snake. Looks like it may be a pine (in shed).

Old 10-27-2006, 10:57 PM   #3
KJUN
Looks like it has 2 prefrontals, so that means it is UNLIKELY to be a pine snake. With eastern Pits, the dorsal scales should be heavily keeled, but the lateral scales should be only lightly keeled. Check it.

That could be a funky looking E. obsoleta....or a Pituophis hybrid with an Elaphe. Who knows what it could be in a pet store. Fox snakes seems unlikely, but it does have the vague look of one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!