Would a paintball kill a cat? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #21
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I cannot shoot on my property otherwise I get arrested.
The fact is you get arrested IF the police know who did the shooting. You live on a street with 30 other houses, it wouldn't be possible to tell for sure who did the shooting. Besides a .22 sounds a lot like a fire cracker.

I'm not telling you what to do, just saying what I would do. I'd trap them in a live trap and dispatch them quickly and humanely.
I personally would probably drop the bodies off in the "owners" yard late at night, but that's just me.

If trapping them and taking them to a shelter is an option for you then that would probably be the best option for you to take. They way I see it it's either that or kill them yourself, you don't have much of an alternative.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:40 PM   #22
christopher66
Dog

Why dont you just get a dog ?

Old 01-28-2007, 06:24 PM   #23
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher66
Why dont you just get a dog ?
Agreed.....

Old 01-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #24
SPJ
Re-read my original post.
I have a dog. I am trying to make sure the dog doesn't get them because I don't feel like having my dog get injured from a scratch or bite. I do not know if these things are carrying anything.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #25
Ginger Ambrose
You are kind of Damed if you do & Damed if you don't, here.
Animal control here will only put out live traps if you sign for them, then they ask
for a "donation" to put the animal down. If the trap should be damaged in any way you get to replace that at "their" cost (usually 5x the market value)
The animal control here also use gas, for me this is not an option. I am certified in animal euthanasia and I have seen gas vs. injection. Gas can and often is awful.
In no way humane.
I just cannot see any sane person doing this, but if you kill the animal you go to jail.
So we are forced to live with the feral cats.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:33 AM   #26
Cat_72
That's why you buy your OWN trap.

And depending on the amount of the "donation", it may very well be worth it to rid yourself of the cats. In my experience with animal control, there are good and bad. Some are just happy to have you doing the majority of the work for them (setting the traps, checking the traps, and catching the cats).

Old 01-29-2007, 10:57 AM   #27
Chance
I agree with bits and pieces of a few threads here. According to the National Audubon Society, cats are the *numero uno* threat to local songbirds and other wildlife - next to us of course. Hell, look at what's happening in Australia. Thank goodness we don't have those kinds of critically endangered animals here huh? Oh wait, we do have some. You have more than enough excuses to quickly (and quietly if necessary) dispatch of those cats since your neighbor is unwilling to do anything but help propagate more.

I live in a rural area and raise large birds (emus, rheas, cassowaries). I've had young rheas killed by cats, so I do not tolerate feral cats on my land. That being said, if they come up to me purring and have obviously been socialized, they go to the shelter or to a friend if anyone is looking for a cat. Otherwise, it's to the great beyond. I don't think anyone should feel ashamed to have to put such a destructive non-native animal down if it is obviously not in the loving care of another person.

Oh, I am not discriminatory against cats either. Stray dogs meet the same fate if they're feral. Though more clumsy, they kill many animals themselves.

Sometimes it makes me wish I still kept retics....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!