Hillary for President. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #21
Griz
I did meet Hillary one time. Back in the early 90's when I was at the University of Illinois, she came to campus. Quite frankly, she left a lot to be desired but then again, she was also there on behalf of her husband. I've heard a lot of people describe her as icy and I would tend to agree.

Griz

Old 01-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #22
Mooing Tricycle
would she still be called "mr President?" i thought that was the ONLY way you addressed the president? i could be crazy too..... :3

Old 01-25-2007, 02:28 PM   #23
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
would she still be called "mr President?" i thought that was the ONLY way you addressed the president? i could be crazy too..... :3
Madam President.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:39 PM   #24
Chameleon Company
Various comments about perceptions of Hillary
Quote:
...... He (Bill Clinton) is, after all, a master politician. Of his wife I doubt the same could be said.

....... I've heard a lot of people describe her as icy and I would tend to agree.
Agreed to both. But with her seeming anything but "warm and fuzzy" or as smooth as her husband, she has been in the spotlight as a Presidential hopeful from since she was First Lady, to being elected Senator, to now being the Democratic front-runner. Whether she will hold up under the levels of scrutiny she will now receive is anyone's guess. But so far, whatever her perceived shortcomings, she has played what cards she had enormously well. While I do not want to see her as President, I am caught somewhere between the amazement of "How did she do that?" and the kudos of "You can't argue with success".

Old 01-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #25
Jim O
Jim F,

Don't you think that in the end, her reasons for staying with her husband might well have been influenced by political ambition? After all, when they married the idea of a woman being President was not likely, but people saw the possibility in Bill Clinton when he was rather young. Being married to the President would have to have been better than nothing. Pat Moynihan retiring from the Senate as Bill was leaving office was a timely event for her as well. Being a twice elected US Senator gives her "credibility" as a candidate in her own right, like her or not.

As for how well she will hold up under the spotlight, no one in the race currently has as much experience with that as she. After all, she lived in the White House for eight years, including through her husband's very public infidelity and subsequent witch hunt...erm impeachment. Her "Whitewaters" have probably all been uncovered. I doubt that there will be a last minute DUI found, though one never knows.

As for "warm and fuzzy", I doubt many described Margaret Thatcher, Indira Ghandi, or Golda Meir that way, yet all were effective female heads of government.

One thing is for sure, it will be interesting to watch it all unfold.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #26
Chameleon Company
I agree. With my "warm and fuzzy" comment, etc, I was using it to illustrate that given she did not have that feeling about her, and being ice woman, etc etc ...... given all those as negatives, she must be doing things very well to be the front-runner, and overcoming those images. I could sit here and say "she's not smart, she's got baggage, she's unelectable, she's ugly, etc etc" and look the fool because whether any of that is a valid opinion or not, she is formidable. And in the end, she is not where she is by accident, but by intent. It is an incredible accomplishment ... and I do not like her ! Just IMO, but she will not be seriously challenged by Obama. Only she can derail her path to the nomination.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:26 PM   #27
cka
Is anyone else tired of the same ol' candidate's that the "politician mill" seems to grind out every four years? Being female notwithstanding, Hillary is no better or no worse than all the other "suits" that promise the sun, moon and stars if we'll just "believe in them".

They all have their own agenda, and whats best for you and me never seems to be at the top of that list, no matter how much they blather on about it.

Democracy? Yeah riiiiiight...

Old 01-31-2007, 02:43 PM   #28
Jim O
The transition has begun...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hillbilly.jpg (34.1 KB, 21 views)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!