Psychology 101: Price. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

View Poll Results: What kind of pricing attracts more your attention
The price of the animal alone 7 10.14%
The price of the animal shipping included 29 42.03%
The price of the animal plus shipping 22 31.88%
I don't have a preference 11 15.94%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #31
The BoidSmith
Although low price may not necessarily entail inferior quality it always makes you wonder. Not so long there was someone on KS selling baby ball pythons for $50 shipped. Can we say those animals were lower quality? No, not necessarily, but then again shipping overnight is running close to $50…On the other hand although high prices are not synonymous with high quality most people make that association.

Regards

Old 06-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #32
Digby Rigby
We use total price

We have most always given a total price including shipping. The reason being is that people want to know how much the animal(s) will cost to get them. To use an above example 45 + 45 shipping is 90 dollars. Therefore the snake is 90 dollars, whether you call it 45 + 45 or 90 dollars. People like knowing how much something will cost to their door. To address another point one can also say this shipping cost includes up to 4 items or whatever amount with no additional shipping charges. Based on our experiences people like one price such as 950.00 instead of 900.00+ 50.00 shipped. After all 950.00 is the real price because however you slice it in order to get the animal you will have to pay 950.00 not 900.00.

Digby Rigby balboa28279@mypacks.net

Old 09-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #33
Dudeman
If the price is listed as being $250 plus shipping, most breeders say shipping costs $75 for ground service. So, if I find another ad that says $275 shipped, I'm more inclined to go with that one, even if the other breeder may be offering $25 shipping instead of $75. It just saves time from having to ask everybody how much shipping is, and having it included just seems considerate. Nobody is really going to ask how much the animal would be not shipped unless they were planning to pick it up, which rarely happens, and in that event, they will ask.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:32 PM   #34
Renshai
In my opinion, being from a Winter cold weather state, shipping CHARGES aren't all that important, just that it is done properly and I'll pay more for BETTER shipping. I think price of the animal, and then get a seperate shipping estimate from the breeder when inquiring about the specific animal is the way to go...at least for me...Nothing like trying to order a reptile when its 28 degrees outside, and waiting for the weather to clear, but having some breeder tell you, oh, no problem, I ship with heat packs...der der der...

Old 09-26-2008, 03:10 AM   #35
Digby Rigby
Shipping

We do not ship second rate even bugs we ship at least USPS express. WE include shipping in our prices. A;sp we state how much extrsa animals are for example if something would be 200 shipped we also say how many and what price each additional animal would be that could be included in the same shipping such as say 100 shipped 50 + 50 = 100 and each additional animal would be 50 dollars added to the previous price.

Digby Rigby balboa28279@mypacks.net

Old 09-30-2008, 08:29 AM   #36
WingedWolf
Honestly, when I see a 'shipped' price, I knock 50 bucks off of it and see how it looks then. When I see a 'plus shipping' price, I add 50. The actual shipping charge is going to vary. I'm not necessarily more pleased with seeing shipping included in the price, unless that price looks REALLY good with the 50 knocked off.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!